New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    BTW, what i mean with the Revo-like interior is that, Revo and Fortuner has the same class not that Revo's interior is bad. hehe They have a revo SR too :-)

Sobra ka naman. My previous ride was a Revo and my current is a Fortuner.

BTW, pero OK yong Sta Fe ha.My father placed an order for a White 2.2 Sta. Fe. It will take daw 2-4 wks cuz the color was not included in their intial stocks.
    Last edited by herbularyo; June 24th, 2006 at 04:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Matagtag ang Fortuner, sakit sa katawan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Sobra ka naman. My previous ride was a Revo and my current is a Fortuner.

BTW, pero OK yong Hyundai ha.My father placed an order for a White 2.2 Sta. Fe. It will take daw 2-4 wks cuz the color was not included in their intial stocks.
    Hehehe, sorry sir, no offense meant in there.

Sa taas kasi ng price ng Fortuner parang tinipid yung interior, pati safety features, up to now I can't explain why they didn't equip a vehicle that fast (we drive fast) with 4-Disc Brakes and Traction control. Una ko kasing tinitingnan talaga yung safety features, more than the engine and looks. Pero tama ka, although okay lang for me, soft yung steering ng santa fe, masyado ata malakas power nung power steering. hehe. I hope meron na rin sila nung Active Steering but maybe that's far more expensive technology.

I bet your dad will be happy with it. The pearly white color is very elegant. We got the Ti-Blue color. Apparently as limited edition as the white ones (not sure if that's really true or sales talk but the SA we met was really nice).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, if you consider the price, the Revo's interior, particularly in the VX models, is pretty good. For its price, the Fortuner's interior isn't very impressive in looks (space is good, though)... although I'm not really impressed by the Alterra's interior.

The Everest interior is okay by me, but then again, it feels very Mazda-ish (switchgear is based on Ford-Mazda products) and similar to the Lynx and Ranger, so I may be biased.

Talagang loose ba yung steering ng Santa Fe? I guess that's a plus for the Fortuner. It's got pretty good steering for a truck.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hmmm, di naman loose. it's okay for me. I've driven several vehicles and this one is okay lang kasi accurate naman yung turns, steering is effortless although how I wish it has BMW's Active Steering. siguro nire-research pa nila paano ma-adopt yon.

I especially like the Tiptronic tranny (they have a name for it that i forgot), can go Auto and Manual in a flash.

We both like driving manual (I prefer non-powered steering too), but traffic here is crazy and having convenience to switch to manual and automatic is such a nice and useful feature at times.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Talagang loose ba yung steering ng Santa Fe? I guess that's a plus for the Fortuner. It's got pretty good steering for a truck.
    Sir, that's what I first noticed when I tried the Sta Fe. (I was driving kase the Fortuner from our town (distance: 100Km) to the showroom in the city). My father also told my that he has the tendency to oversteer during the testdrive due to lack of feedback. Pero sabi nya sanayan lang daw yan, after a week or 2 malamang nakaka-adjust na daw cya.

Disclaimer: This is just my own personal opinion.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks guys for the feedback. Please keep it coming. went back to showrooms again today. too bad nabenta na yung 4x4 na santa fe the other day. just wanted to make a quick comparison to the fortuner. And as i remember the santa fe just feels better. Was not able to see the 2.2 version since according to them hindi pa nalabas sa customs or pier. wanted to see the black leather (which is the only color for the 2.2) though the interior is black too. again the wood trim is the only down side but, i guess i can order better ones like the ones used in the US version. Anyways seems like i'm more inclined to the santa fe at this point. But still want to hear from others what they think. Sayang lang they took out the side airbags and sunroof. if not patok yun....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pero ang pogi talaga ng Fortuner ano? hehe

Loko lang yung mga dealerships dito. Yun din ang reason why we didn't get the Fortuner.

Ano kaya purpose ng toyota at gumawa sila ng parang nemesis to LC Prado in terms of size?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    Hehehe, sorry sir, no offense meant in there.

Sa taas kasi ng price ng Fortuner parang tinipid yung interior, pati safety features, up to now I can't explain why they didn't equip a vehicle that fast (we drive fast) with 4-Disc Brakes and Traction control. Una ko kasing tinitingnan talaga yung safety features, more than the engine and looks. Pero tama ka, although okay lang for me, soft yung steering ng santa fe, masyado ata malakas power nung power steering. hehe. I hope meron na rin sila nung Active Steering but maybe that's far more expensive technology.

I bet your dad will be happy with it. The pearly white color is very elegant. We got the Ti-Blue color. Apparently as limited edition as the white ones (not sure if that's really true or sales talk but the SA we met was really nice).

No problem, sir.

IMO the Sta Fe at almost 1.6M for a 2.2 diesel 4x2 is too expensive if you consider the powerplant and brandname (sad to say pero ganyan pa rin dito sa Pinas). You can get the 4x4 Fortuner at almost the same price.

Pero I still encouraged my father to buy one because of the ride comfort and it is easier to get in /out of the ST (in case magkarayuma na daw siya). Hope his SF will arrive in 2-4 weeks so I can get pictures of his ride beside my Fortuner.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *Dinan: are you really going to find the 4x4 useful like in a farm or somethng? If not, try checking out the CRDi 4x2 or wait for the 4x4 CRDi.

medyo malakas sa gas yung V6 nila eh, 9km/L ata.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe or Toyota Fortuner