New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    help!!!!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    for me the CRV talaga.. wala na isip2x pa... but downside sa crv is walng diesel, so prepare for some more holes in your wallet when in comes to gasoline... hehehe.... mejo dixcourage alng ako sa sta fe kc my cousin-in-laws dad bought one and just after 2 years of use and a 10,000km on the odometer... he is selling it already.... just didint quite get the reason y though... but he wana sell it fast... hehehe.... ... thats the only downside naman sa crv, the gasoline maintenance.. but its not that matakw compare to other gasoline power SUV of its class.... crv nga ang pinakamatipid sa class nya... and tested narin ang crv... mataas din ang resale value...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think the threadstarter is referring to SantaFe II (aka Santa Fe 2007) which came out last year. Given that, I think the one you've encountered is the old one (which actually is nothing compared to the new one it terms of engine power and design). As every owner I've met made their SF their daily driver for its comfort, power and fuel economy so the 10K in 2yrs is kinda impossible. We logged 25K in just a year.

I'd go for SantaFe (we bought the CRDi VGT when it arrived here in the Phils, mid-2006). Never had problems with it. Very fast, economical and no choking problems. Our only problem with it is that it's quite wide. Best fuel economy I got is 21 km/L (15L/323kms) with 120kmh uphills and zigzags (which really made me sick right after). City is about 10-12kms/L.

CRV is fine if you get the black one (to hide the ugly grille), after all, people will still look at the badge (and often not at its specs). I've test driven the 2.4 but the acceleration is wanting & it's interior is not as luxurious as the SF either. It doesn't give the whiplash effect i get from SF in jackrabbit take-off (pedal to the metal from 0). Honda have good resale value so that might be beneficial for you. Fuel economy is not to be expected in though.

Anyway, both vehicles are fine. Just buy what you can afford. But me, I'm saving up for a 4x4 CRDi White SF naman (my girl has the 4x2 Titanium Blue). I just wanna see the difference. hehe.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ano pala sayo 2.0 or 2.4? kc pinagpipilian ko talaga fortuner or crv but madaming bad feedback sa fort so wag na lang fort,then recently nabasa ko isa sa topic dito about sa santa fe, puro magaganda sinasabi nila

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ano ba fuel consumption nang crv 2.0 and 2.4? sabi nung barkada ko.. nag 6 km/l lang daw sya, mixed city/highway

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Pareha ok.....

Kaso ang CRV ang reliable talaga......bago pa lang kasi ang Stafe kaya nasa sayo na yan......

Ang Stafe maporma talaga......Ang CRV ang hindi lang maganda yung area ng grill pero sa gilid ang likod maporma.....

Pero pag reliability ng engine eh hands down CRV.....

Ang tahimik ng makina......pag naka idle kala mo nga naka-off e....

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    for me the CRV talaga.. wala na isip2x pa... but downside sa crv is walng diesel, so prepare for some more holes in your wallet when in comes to gasoline... hehehe.... mejo dixcourage alng ako sa sta fe kc my cousin-in-laws dad bought one and just after 2 years of use and a 10,000km on the odometer... he is selling it already.... just didint quite get the reason y though... but he wana sell it fast... hehehe.... ... thats the only downside naman sa crv, the gasoline maintenance.. but its not that matakw compare to other gasoline power SUV of its class.... crv nga ang pinakamatipid sa class nya... and tested narin ang crv... mataas din ang resale value...
    Tama ka jn pare! CR-V na lang. I had bad experiences with Hyundai before. Pabalik-balik ako sa kasa. lagi na lang nasisira yung ganito at ganun... Sus! nakaka trauma... Isipin mo brand new tapos balik ka ng balik sa kasa...

right! at may warranty pero yung time mo nasasayang.

Then when I decided to sell it. Ang hirap naman. ayaw aprobahan ng banko ang loan... etc...

No offense to santa fe owners pero my father in law also sold his unit at ilang buwan pa lang... Don't know the exact reason but if you want to know I can ask him...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Depende kung san mo gagamitin. Mas ok santa fe kc may 2 seats pa sa 3rd row kun malaki pamilya mo. Pero kung konti lang sasakay mo cr-v ka na lang. Na itim. Yun mga problems for each car is typically per unit or isolated unless may recall o TSB. May kaibigan ako may 2nd gen cr-v kinalawang agad kaya kinuha nila sta fe. Pero personally mag honda pa din ako. siguro 5-10 years pa bago mawala yun stigma ng korean cars d2 sa pinas kahit gano pa kaganda ilabas na model nila.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Subok ko na ang Honda. Alagaan mo lang ng maigi. Ang Gen1 CRV ko ay hindi pa ako tinirik. Pinagiipunan ko nga ngayon ang Gen3 CRV.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    for me get the Santa Fe... people will be discouraging you because of problems they encoutered with a Hyundai... let me tell you I had a Honda for 7 years and I also had to go back to the casa several times because of problems they could not fix... I have several friends who keep complaining about the different Honda Casa's because they get cheated or their problems get worse... no car is without problems, if you take care of your car properly you will encounter little problems...

if you get the 2.0 CRV then that would be a better choice as it is very economical (unless you opt for the SF diesel)... now if you are deciding on getting the 2.4 CRV then just get the Santa Fe as the beige interior of the CRV will be hard to maintain... we have an Innova and the drivers clean the inside everyday and it still looks dirty...

i test drove the CRV before deciding to get the Santa Fe and now that I have the Santa Fe V6 I have no regrets the ride is just superb and the handling is great...

[SIZE="5"]Value for money get the Santa Fe...[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe or Honda CR-V?