New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'm planning to buy a second hand car. I'm choosing between a 2003 Hyundai Matrix 1.3L (gas/automatic) and a 2003 Honda City 1.3L Type Z EXI (gas/manual). Given that both cars are in good running condition, which one would you buy? Any sound inputs will be of great help. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flash_21 View Post
    I'm planning to buy a second hand car. I'm choosing between a 2003 Hyundai Matrix 1.3L (gas/automatic) and a 2003 Honda City 1.3L Type Z EXI (gas/manual). Given that both cars are in good running condition, which one would you buy? Any sound inputs will be of great help. Thanks!

Definitely, I'd go for Honda City. Fuel Efficient, fast, and proven engineered. But, since you're looking for a secondhand car, I'd suggest you go for the Civic.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    between the two i will go for the city which is more easy to maintain

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nOnOize View Post
    Definitely, I'd go for Honda City. Fuel Efficient, fast, and proven engineered. But, since you're looking for a second car, I'd suggest you go for the Civic.
    thanks for the reply, but isn't Civic malakas sa gas?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sboogie View Post
    between the two i will go for the city which is more easy to maintain
    thanks for the reply, i would also appreciate if parts availability of matrix is the same as to those of toyota/mitsubishi?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is your normal driving route typically slow with traffic? You might want to opt for the Matrix for the driving comfort. Of course fuel consumption is slightly better in the City due to the manual tranny.

Advantage of the Matrix is you can carry bigger odd sized cargo at the back of the car as compared to the City.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thanks for the reply, but isn't Civic malakas sa gas?
    I would say no. I had a 97 Civic which consumes about 13-15 km/l hi-way driving and about 11 km/l city driving, both with A/C running. Besides, Honda cars are long proven fuel efficient and I say, driving habit is still always a factor when it comes to keeping up with your fuel budget.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Go find the CRDi version of the Matrix. Now that will trump the City!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Agree. Since they're both gas... City for me...

8202:sampay:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]I agree with tidus, If you could pick the hyundai matrix crdi, then matrix for me. Diesel na, automatic pa. But if you still opted not to choose the CRDi, then honda city gets my vote. By the way, dont you like toyotas? i.e. vios or altis? [/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai Matrix vs Honda City