New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Let the battle of the cheap budget cars begin!

Personally I haven't seen the specs of the new Suzuki Celerio (parang Intel Celeron or celery ) yet so I can;t make a decent comment. Maybe you guys can share!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Let the battle of the cheap budget cars begin!

Personally I haven't seen the specs of the new Suzuki Celerio (parang Intel Celeron or celery ) yet so I can;t make a decent comment. Maybe you guys can share!
    This topic is what i want to follow!

I am in between kung alin dito sa 2 car na ito ang bibilin ko for our 2nd car. This will be for my wife. Last year pa namin tinitingnan ung i10, then suddenly this celerio comes in. So nagdalawang-isip ako, dati nung wala pa celerio ayaw namin dun sa unang Alto. Hindi gusto ni misis ung design. Dito sa celerio na-impressed agad kami sa itsura in "pictures". Di pa namin nakikita sa actual eh. Hopefully pag-uwi ko before the end of this month ay makapasyal agad kami sa dealers ng Hyundai at Suzuki.

Kaya sa mga ka-tsikoteers..please give some comments on this topic. For sure it will help people like me na maintindihan mga differences ng 2 car na ito....

Cheers Tsikoteers!.....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Based on Specs and interior design, ill get the Celerio in a heartbeat

But on durability...hmmmm. I really don't know, so that means no to the Celerio until proven that suzuki cars will last.

At least you get the 5 yrs warranty for the Hyundai

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Celerio and i10 have specs that are quite similar... the i10 is longer by 65 millimeters and taller by 80 mm, but the Celerio is wider... by a paltry 5mm.

The Celerio's on-paper specs are impressive... but for the same price as the MT i10, the MT Celerio only gives you manual rear windows, fixed front headrests (though the seats are sporty) and a very high and small trunk opening.

The interior of the Celerio seems sportier than the i10, but the plastics are just as hard and cheap. The one-piece front seats look a bit cheapish, but have excellent suport, and you can almost fool yourself into believing they're aftermarket sports seats...

The Celerio's 1 liter produces 68 hp and 90 Nm compared to the 1.1 i10's 65 and 97 Nm... which is close enough not to matter much. The i10's 1.2 produces much more, though, at 80 hp and 112 Nm, and that's what the Celerio AT is priced against.

By showroom specs, I'd say the i10 has the upper hand. I'm reserving judgement on which is better till I get some good seat time in the Celerio (we're waiting for their test unit to get its plates)... so we can compare it.

I'll say this, though... they're both pretty cool-looking. It's Ultraman versus the Power Rangers, right here... right now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    have seen both sa hyundai & suzuki showrooms sa macapagal. sa looks, i still like the i10 over the celerio. then pag nakasakay ka sa harap and sa likod, parang feeling ko mas cheap yong celerio. sakit sa mata talaga yong manual rear windows.

no test drive impressions yet though..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi guys! i own a suzuki a surplus japan .. as to its seatbelt it was manufactured on 1994
    but until now it keeps on kicking hehe.. btw im selling my suzuki van and planning to get an alto.. we have a member who has the old model alto 0.8cc and he told me that it can reach up to 155kph... how about the 1.0 liter? hehehe well i still choose suzuki :D!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It's still the hyundai I10 for me asides from the 5yr warranty hyundai has more dealers in metro manila for support.

I have been reading the indian threads din comparing the I10 and the celerio and mas gusto nila yung I10 kasi cramped daw yung seating space ng celerio compared to the headroom and seating space of the I10. Asides from that yung 3 cylinder engine daw ng celerio is maingay.

For the looks naman it really depends on your personal preference, For me Im really happy with my I10 especially with the increasing price of gasoline since it's cheap to maintain, brings me to point A-B safely and fuel efficiently.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    saw a celerio along commonwealth yesterday, nice!!
    fuel consumption kaya, would anyone know?

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sana ok din fuel consumption niyan, im guessing 12-14km/l for the M/T and 11-12 for the A/T. Maganda yung specs niya, kumpleto na sa safety equipment. ABS with EBD, dual airbags. Very nice car for the price. The looks are leagues better than the old alto.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    While its decently equipped save the fact that the rear is still pawis windows. It has an inferior engine compared to its price rival the i10 1.2L Kappa engine.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Hyundai i10 VS Suzuki Celerio