New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Just need to compare this two nice car according to the following..

1. FC.
    2. Leg room sa rear seats.
    3. After sales maintenance.
    4. Safety..
    5. MT or AT..

I'm considering between this two car as my first car. Been lurking for Accent '11 but with the upraising complaints of tsikoters, I'm doubting to buy it. Low budget lang po kasi meron ako. Please need advice to our experts in this forum. Thank you so much and god bless!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haven't test-driven the new Picanto yet. There's a good chance it'll be better than the i10, but the i10 will definitely start at a lower price. And since the Picanto is so new, wala pang maintenance and reliability data...

If you're after best fuel consumption, get a 1.1 MT or the Picanto's 1.0 MT. If you can stand to take a hit in fuel economy in city traffic, the AT is okay... the new ATs from Hyundai-Kia have short gearing that's better suited to these small engines, so you can keep fuel economy at 10 km/l or better in traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roelrpt View Post
    Just need to compare this two nice car according to the following..

1. FC.
    2. Leg room sa rear seats.
    3. After sales maintenance.
    4. Safety..
    5. MT or AT..
    Sir I owned a Hyundai i10 1.2 MT until I disposed it when I got my new Accent.

- FC
    These cars are inclined more on fuel economy. I get 12-16KM/Liter on ideal city traffic.

- Leg Room
    i10 is far better than the Picanto. Though I haven't seen the new Picanto, but compared to the previous gen, I'd say that the i10 is far better than the picanto in terms of leg room.

- After Sales Maintenance
    Picanto is the new kid in town, kaya sabi nga ni sir Niky, wala pang maintenance data to judge with while the i10 has been in the roads for 2 years. Perhaps it's old enough to measure up in terms of the subject highlighted.

- Safety
    expect for this car segment that it has less safety kits. I think driver's airbag lang ang available sa i10 while the new picanto says it has dual front airbags.

MT / AT
    If you are frequently on the city roads, I'd suggest you go with the AT. FC consumption is not that big of a gap between the two tranny. The only setback with AT is you loose the fun of driving the vehicle. Iba pa rin pag manual, it is you that is in full control of the car...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'm 5'7", and i've tried fitting myself in the i10 and last year's picanto.
    i can adjust and fit in the front seat of the i10, OR adjust and fit in the rear seat. but not in both.
    i can fit in both front and rear of the picanto.
    i find the i10 simply too small. the picanto is adequate, but i have very little luggage space left.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hope to hear more comparison on these cars. Saw the new Picanto and so impressed with its design and new 3 cylinder engine with CVVT. I'm looking for AT model but sad to say, like most Kias sold here comes almost bare. It doesn't have airbag but it's fitted with 15 inch wheel on AT model. Just inquired about i10 and this dealer told me stocks will finally arrive next week and comes only in 1.1 engine variant. They can't tell yet other details of the specs. I presumed it's still the old 1.1 engine on it.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    May I request the moderator the transfer of this thread to Car Comparison. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With Kia and Hyundai being sister companies, is there really a difference in engine for this one? I saw the new Picanto has 1.0L and new i10 has the 1.1L , both are Kappa engine. Kia say picanto can perform 20Km/L while Hyundai say i10 is 14Km/L. Kia SA says theirs has the CVVT, thus explains the fuel efficiency. Is this true? Isn't CVT just meant to reduce CO2 emission level? If this is true, then does this mean that the i10 is over-power because the weight is practically the same? One more thing, anybody knows why Hyundai reduced i10's engine back from 1.25L to 1.1L?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IceT View Post
    With Kia and Hyundai being sister companies, is there really a difference in engine for this one? I saw the new Picanto has 1.0L and new i10 has the 1.1L , both are Kappa engine. Kia say picanto can perform 20Km/L while Hyundai say i10 is 14Km/L. Kia SA says theirs has the CVVT, thus explains the fuel efficiency. Is this true? Isn't CVT just meant to reduce CO2 emission level? If this is true, then does this mean that the i10 is over-power because the weight is practically the same? One more thing, anybody knows why Hyundai reduced i10's engine back from 1.25L to 1.1L?
    Because they're trying not to have too much overlap. The 1.25 i10 is priced almost the same as the base Accent.

CO2 emissions = fuel used. Basically "limiting CO2 emissions" is a sneaky way of saying "we want your car to burn less gasoline."

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Because they're trying not to have too much overlap. The 1.25 i10 is priced almost the same as the base Accent.

CO2 emissions = fuel used. Basically "limiting CO2 emissions" is a sneaky way of saying "we want your car to burn less gasoline."
    But, the base Accent is a 1.4 M/T while the i10 1.25L is A/T. I feel that's wrong marketing, if marketing is really the reason.

Does anyone knows if the 1.25L i10 has CVVT? Kia picanto has dual-cvvt, so this should mean is better fuel economy, right?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But, the base Accent is a 1.4 M/T while the i10 1.25L is A/T. I feel that's wrong marketing, if marketing is really the reason.
    Why would you cannibalize your own Accent sales by offering an ultra-expensive i10 at the same price? Better to have a top-of-the-line 1.1. HARI is smart, they've dealt with this kind of issue before.

Does anyone knows if the 1.25L i10 has CVVT? Kia picanto has dual-cvvt, so this should mean is better fuel economy, right?
    It should be exactly the same. It should mean great fuel economy for a 1.25, but whether it actually means better economy than the 1.1 will depend on where you're driving it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai i10 vs Kia Picanto