New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    good day car gurus...

for weeks now we are pondering what to have as our first baby, considering the traffic situation here in the philippines and economy wise, we narrowed our choices to two, the hyundai i10 and the suzuki alto k10... could you please impart some knowledge on what to choose between the said cars... what we need to know;

1. FUEL EFFICIENCY - i10 claims 20.4 kpl while k10 is 20.2
    2. HANDLING - i10 has motor powered EPS while k10 has EPS
    3. MAINTENANCE - cheaper spare parts

thank you for your time... we need to come up with a decision before march 31' 12.... thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I haven't tested the manual i10, so I can't say whether it can do that on the highway... the automatic isn't great on the highway, but it's economical on low-speed long runs. The Alto 800cc was amazingly good in city traffic. The Celerio with the 1.0 engine can easily exceed 20 km/l... the Alto should be able to, also.

The i10 is, however, a much better car in every way except perhaps performance. The Alto is possibly more economical and feels more alive and more connected to the driver... but it can't match the i10's build quality.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I haven't tested the manual i10, so I can't say whether it can do that on the highway... the automatic isn't great on the highway, but it's economical on low-speed long runs. The Alto 800cc was amazingly good in city traffic. The Celerio with the 1.0 engine can easily exceed 20 km/l... the Alto should be able to, also.

The i10 is, however, a much better car in every way except perhaps performance. The Alto is possibly more economical and feels more alive and more connected to the driver... but it can't match the i10's build quality.
    Sir nilky, when you say build quality, does that mean that the alto is more prone to wear and tear???? and sir the alto K10 engine is the same as the engine inside a celerio... they are now both 1L...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    IDK but mas madating yung i10. And niky was right, having seen a model unit sa GH maganda yung build ng i10 inside out. Yung plastics niya sa loob, ok naman. Doesn't feel cheap.

Haven't seen the interior of the K10 Alto eh. Pero basing from its looks outside, it's one good car. And mating it with a 1.0L engine pa, I'm sure it will bring you impressive fuel economy.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lance19 View Post
    Sir nilky, when you say build quality, does that mean that the alto is more prone to wear and tear???? and sir the alto K10 engine is the same as the engine inside a celerio... they are now both 1L...
    Not really. What I mean is that the Alto feels cheaper made. Cheaper materials and stuff. But the mechanicals seem very good.

And yes, I know the Alto has the Celerio engine now. But since I haven't tested it yet, I can't relate the economy. I have driven the 800cc and was very impressed. I'm driving the K10 later this month.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I had an i10 once as a company issued vehicle. easily did 18km/liter on the highway.

at first i, i was disappointed when i got it. because the other guys got the vios. But by the end, when they offered me a swap, hindi na ako pumayag. madali ipark, matipid sa gas, responsive engine. handles great too.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaparter View Post
    I had an i10 once as a company issued vehicle. easily did 18km/liter on the highway.

at first i, i was disappointed when i got it. because the other guys got the vios. But by the end, when they offered me a swap, hindi na ako pumayag. madali ipark, matipid sa gas, responsive engine. handles great too.
    Correct me if I'm wrong sir di ba mas mura alto K10 kaysa sa i10? Both car are good especially first timers na budget wise drivers.

"Honey, did you find the remote?"- WWF's (now WWE) Val Venis with Mrs. Yamaguchi-san in a bed. Raw is War Aug. 1998.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong sir di ba mas mura alto K10 kaysa sa i10? Both car are good especially first timers na budget wise drivers.
    yes sir... the k10 gold is 588k and the i10 gold is 598... kaya nga nalilito na kami eh... kasi 10k ang ang diff nya... one more thing napansin ko sa k10 me adjustan ng headlight, while the i10 has a halogen headlight... kung leg space lang talaga consider namin, i go for i10... kaso sa mga reviews nababasa ko sa FC mas efficient ang K10... waaah... nahihilo na kami...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Not really. What I mean is that the Alto feels cheaper made. Cheaper materials and stuff. But the mechanicals seem very good.

And yes, I know the Alto has the Celerio engine now. But since I haven't tested it yet, I can't relate the economy. I have driven the 800cc and was very impressed. I'm driving the K10 later this month.

sir niky, i'll be waiting for your review for the K10... hope it's M/T... ahehehe...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lance19 View Post
    yes sir... the k10 gold is 588k and the i10 gold is 598... kaya nga nalilito na kami eh... kasi 10k ang ang diff nya... one more thing napansin ko sa k10 me adjustan ng headlight, while the i10 has a halogen headlight... kung leg space lang talaga consider namin, i go for i10... kaso sa mga reviews nababasa ko sa FC mas efficient ang K10... waaah... nahihilo na kami...
    Napansin ko rin yan, all Altos has headlight adjusment. Some cars naka fixed na yun adjustment non. Ito ang tip ko, the best is test drive both cars which is fits for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
hyundai i10 1.1 vs suzuki alto k10 (celerio engine inside an alto body)