New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nagba balak po kaming mag business ng school service para sa darating na school year.
    alin po ba ang maganda sa 2?

maraming salamat in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Hyundai H100 has a good dealer network, while the Kia KC2700 has a lot of power... honestly, it's a toss up...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK their both almost exactly the same except for the front fascia and the engine. The Hyundai has a 2.6L unit while the Kia, a 2.7L unit. Both are not that far apart in terms of power and neither of them is powerful (79ps for the H100 and 84ps for the Kia). I've never ridden in the K2700 before but I have ridden in the H100. The ride is fine, aircon is very cool and stretches all the way to the rear unlike its rivals which only stretch halfway. On the other hand, the school service in my high school before had a 2000 KC2700. It was constantly under repair whether it be the engine or the stuff underneath so I concluded that it is not a very ideal workhorse though I don't know if they've corrected it with the new model which still has the same engine despite the new body. It is also worth noting that the Kia 2.7L J2 engine has always been notorious for its overheating issues ever since it has been implemented in the Pregios and Bestas of the past which might be the reason why Hyundai steered clear of that engine. I would like to see the 123ps CRDi engine in KDM units installed here though, is it available by indent order? If not, they could have at least installed the 2.5L TCi engine used in the more picky Taiwanese market.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    i'll choose the KIA tingin ko mas malaki siya kaysa sa H100. Correct me di ba wala nang KC2700 ngayon? Alam ko K2700 yung bago. Ok naman siya sabi ng mga friend ko na may KC2700 at K2700 di daw mausok yun. Kaya di sila nahuhuli sa smoke belching.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    May pinagbago ba sa engine ng K2700 sa predecessor niya? I remember the old one was notorious for overheating, ito ba hindi? Kapag ako, since their basically identical, sa Hyundai nalang. They have more dealerships and HARI prices competitively as compared to Kia.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    maraming salamat sa mga reply nyo.

nakikita kasi namin na marami ng may ganitong sasakyan na pang service. saka madalas din po kasi kaming umuwi ng bicol kaya malamang magagamit din namin to pag nag byahe kami.
    sana nagawan na ng paraan ng KIA yung sinasabi nyong overheat issue.

KIA K2700 po pala ang ibig kong sabihin.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    May pinagbago ba sa engine ng K2700 sa predecessor niya? I remember the old one was notorious for overheating, ito ba hindi? Kapag ako, since their basically identical, sa Hyundai nalang. They have more dealerships and HARI prices competitively as compared to Kia.
    i beg to disagree sir, i owned a 2004 KC2700 before and did not experienced overheating even once, altho Kia w/c is a korean brand same w/ Hyundai overall they have same functionality, fuel efficient, cheap maintenance w/ regards to its engine's displacement na hindi masyado expensive ang mga parts w/c you can bought outside at a much lower price, guaranteed not a smoke belcher if you religiouly follow its PMS even sa casa na mura din magpa-change oil...business purpose ang pagbili namin ng KC2700 but sometimes unexpected things happen w/c is a human error not the vehicle itself kaya we traded-in sa Starex...w/ regards sa ride matagtag talaga specially sa rear but not infront becoz of its body lay-out siguro na mahaba sa likod...but the aircon cooling is good for the most part of my usage is extended before the seat end kaya malamig hanggang dulo ng sasakyan...can't say about the new model though of KIA and Hyundai, whichever you choose korean brand pa din...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    How about an Urvan 21-seater?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by armscor40 View Post
    i beg to disagree sir, i owned a 2004 KC2700 before and did not experienced overheating even once, altho Kia w/c is a korean brand same w/ Hyundai overall they have same functionality, fuel efficient, cheap maintenance w/ regards to its engine's displacement na hindi masyado expensive ang mga parts w/c you can bought outside at a much lower price, guaranteed not a smoke belcher if you religiouly follow its PMS even sa casa na mura din magpa-change oil...business purpose ang pagbili namin ng KC2700 but sometimes unexpected things happen w/c is a human error not the vehicle itself kaya we traded-in sa Starex...w/ regards sa ride matagtag talaga specially sa rear but not infront becoz of its body lay-out siguro na mahaba sa likod...but the aircon cooling is good for the most part of my usage is extended before the seat end kaya malamig hanggang dulo ng sasakyan...can't say about the new model though of KIA and Hyundai, whichever you choose korean brand pa din...
    Hmm... Sa tingin ko nasa alaga din talaga ng owner. But between the two I'd still go for the Hyundai due to the wider dealer network and cheaper casa service (not that you're gonna be servicing this at the casa much )

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i bet for Hyundai as what they said it has now an large casa networks around the metro, so spare parts and maintenance would not be a problem anymore, About the overheating issue, may be it's only a myth about Hyundai KC2700 we once used a hyundai kc2700 going to Baguio last year for a trip (we are 10 on board) and no overheating happpens and I'm quite impress on its engine performance no problem in uphill climbing, so smooth in running but a quite bouncy and about engine noise, noise is not bad at all, not too loud like any other diesel vehicle while inside the cabin.

but as you said you will use it on business right? i better recommend, why don't you add Mitsubishi L300 (low maintenance, durable,fuel-efficient and powerful) as your another option? this van is better than hyundai and kia for me and it is also popular as a daily workhorse for some traders, most common school service I see here in our place is using L300 even some company use it as a delivery van like my aunt who has a water refilling station.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai H100 vs. Kia KC2700