New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi everyone! Hyundai H100 is already sold.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    H100 syempre between the two. Nakakangawit magshift ng column mounted shifter. I have ridden the H100 already since our church has one in its shuttle fleet. I like the cab interior a lot, hindi mapapahiya kung nilagay mo sa Starex. Engine is not very strong, but if compared with the L300, OK na yan since it has a few more horses and a lot more torque. And then again, it has a tachometer... Minor detail but one that I I look at a lot, especially with manuals.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    An important consideration when comparing these kinds of vehicles is durability,ease of maintenance and availability of spare parts. These are workhorses, they need to be on the road most of the time earning for the owner and when it breaks down it should easily be repaired anywhere by any talyer as quickly as possible. L300 wins, its been in our roads for decades, spare parts are abundant, almost being given away. Any person who can hold a wrench can fix it. It has proven itself in the field of battle.

If there's anything out there that has all the traits I have mentioned but better than the L3, it would be the Isuzu IPV, because of its timing gear engine.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    H100 syempre between the two. Nakakangawit magshift ng column mounted shifter. I have ridden the H100 already since our church has one in its shuttle fleet. I like the cab interior a lot, hindi mapapahiya kung nilagay mo sa Starex. Engine is not very strong, but if compared with the L300, OK na yan since it has a few more horses and a lot more torque. And then again, it has a tachometer... Minor detail but one that I I look at a lot, especially with manuals.
    Hindi problem yung column mounted shifter. Nakakamiss nga eh.

Mas matibay pa rin pang-ilalim at makina ng L300 kaya yan pa rin pipiliin ko for its price range.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Hindi problem yung column mounted shifter. Nakakamiss nga eh.

Mas matibay pa rin pang-ilalim at makina ng L300 kaya yan pa rin pipiliin ko for its price range.
    I've briefly driven an L300 once. The column mounted shifter is OK, but it seems a bit hard to use, especially if driving for a long time in heavy traffic. As for it's reliability... Not very sure about that. The L300's in my school before waere always overheating in long trips. Aircon was also breaking down often. And the chassis was always making creaking sounds. To think that those L300's were only from 2002 and 2003.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa kabilang brand ba walang diperensiya or hindi ba masisira rin?

Sigurado ako may lalabas din sa H-100 kasi hindi naman yan gawang alien na indestructible. Ang bottomline ba alin ang mas mura o mas madali ipagawa in the event na magkaproblema? Anong mas madali i maintain yung kahit sa botika may spare parts at kahit yung magbabalot kaya ayusin o yung hi tech na kelangan casa lagi?
    Last edited by oliver1013; May 8th, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hindi naman mahirap ipagawa ang H100. Yung pang-ilalim basic parin, ang engine old school normally aspirated diesel parin. In fact that engine was used in the base model 1st gen Starex more than ten years ago. If I'm not mistaken, bored out version ng 4D56 pa ata yan. There are no more electronics in the H100 than there are in the L300. But at least the body is built to conform to today's standards. The L300 remained unchanged for more than twenty years already. Ka-batch pa niya yata si Lancer Box-type, so yung standards niya pang-80s parin, resulting in frequent breakdowns.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Well the people have spoken with their wallets. There are a lot more brand new L300 than H100 (if any at all) on the road.

The L300 has a lower selling price and proven reliability as well as availability of parts.

For sure, the H100 has better ergonomics. Build and fit quality I have yet to experience this myself.

On our '11 cab chassis and '11 FB Deluxe, the L300's build quality is not that great. Looks like the factory here is scrimping on paint and primer. Deficient paint and primer in the underside floor and backside of the cab. Those areas need to be taken care of, otherwise the L300 will fulfill its reputation of as a rustbucket.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well... Ayun nga, mas mura eh. Get the L3 if you want to save a few bucks. But if you want to be nice to yourself, the H100 is the better choice. The 2010 H100 in our church's shuttle fleet is still very much like brand new. No rust to be seen anywhere, fit and finish is great inside and out, interior quality is very much like a modern van, even down to the way the doors close.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    well time will tell...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai H-100 Shuttle or Mitsu L300 FB Exceed?