New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Need your expert input guys.

I currently own Nissan Grand Livina. Fortunately, madadagdagan ang baby ko ng isa pa. 4 na adult at 4 na bata age 0 to 12 years old bale ang pasahero ko most of the time. I need to upgrade ( not necessarily brand new ) to a bigger vehicle at itong tatlo na ito ang kinoconsider ko. I'm considering the midsize SUV above para naman may kaunting dating if I'm attending official Company meetings at functions. Iba pang paggagamitan ng sasakyan ay week end trip sa farm na may kaunting unpaved roads.

I don't have plans of selling my GL at the moment.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Grand Starex will be the best choice for you, both the sta.fe and alterra would be to small for 8 people inside especially if you're bringing luggage pag nag out of town.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i agree with foresterx. with that much people riding, a van would be more advantageous for the family. starex or grandia would do just fine.

but if your going to stick with the choices ill take the sta fe.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the input sirs. I am more inclined to go with the van pero maliliit pa mga anak ko kaya I'm also considering mid sized suv.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since ang dami niyo, I'd recommend you get the Starex. Syempre if you bring 8 folks you also got to have a place for the eight folks to place their stuff. Aside from the Starex, you may also consider the Kia Carnival which is more refined, though a bit less powerful.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Among your choices, the Grand Starex would provide you the most space for people and cargo. If you get the CRDi units, you get more flexibility distributing the cabin space between people and cargo, with the sliding rows at the back. Even if it's a van, may "dating" pa din naman ang GS what with it's sheer size and fascia.

As mentioned by GTi, a Kia Carnival (in LX or EX guise) would be another good choice. It's actually longer and wider than a GS but it's shorter in height so it doesn't look as imposing. It has, however, a more car-like ride and American mini-van riding comfort. I love the 3rd row that either folds flat into the floor, providing you a 5 seater with tons of space or when in use, an 8 seater with room to spare behind the third row, as you can access the space in the floor where the chair would fold into.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    Grand Starex will be the best choice for you, both the sta.fe and alterra would be to small for 8 people inside especially if you're bringing luggage pag nag out of town.
    Good day. Ask ko lang yun Alterra matagtag? Ang alam ko yun GS at Sta. Fe maganda ang ride niyan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    As the media always harp about its "Flex Ride Move" suspension comfort, I'm sure there is some measure of truth in it. Though personally, I could not believe how well behaved a leaf sprung vehicle in a Japanese pick up platform could be. Heard also that its quite wallowy though. But then, the rear of our Trooper (which has independent multilink suspension in the rear already) is already not a good place to be. Eh ito pa kaya? Get the Starex na, its more powerful, more comfortable and more prestigious as compared to the Alterra. But then again, if you don't need that much power, I'd suggest rather that you go get the Carnival instead.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, the Carnival is not really a slouch on power. But yeah, compared to the GS, it has less ponies.

Heard another gripe about the Alterra... turning radius. Laki daw sobra. Anyhow, depends on the where it's driven. The Carnival's got a relatively bigger radius coz of its length, but I think the GS has a tighter one naman.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Carnival has a similar power output as compared to our Trooper which, in itself, is no slouch as well and a rather formidable force in the highway. So, given the less heavy duty nature of its chassis as compared to our Trooper and a more advanced transmission, I estimate that it should be capable of at least 190-200km/h.
    As for the Alterra... it is a pickup truck with an extended roofline after all. Even the design says so. With the Carnival, you feel like riding in a spacious and comfortable American minivan without the guilt of guzzling huge amounts of fuel. In fact, I find it to have an uncanny resemblance with the Chrysler Town and Country, especially when seen from the rear quarters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai GS vs Hyundai Sta. Fe vs Isuzu Alterra