New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Abangan niyo may mag-sisingit ng Santa Fe, Sorento o Carnival... :hysterical:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    OT : Ilan ba seating capacity nung Carnival SWB ?

BTT : Montero. Ayoko nung GS pag magisa, pwede ako magbasketbol sa loob sa sobrang laki.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

BTT : Montero. Ayoko nung GS pag magisa, pwede ako magbasketbol sa loob sa sobrang laki.
    The Carnival SWB can seat 8.

The Montero Sport is much appropriate here since your relatives go home once a year. If you get the Grand Starex, total waste since you're just three in your family. Unless you're a social junkie and you go out with 10 other people, get the GS. But from a usage and priority prospective, go with the Montero Sport

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

+1
    pambaranggay sa laki eh.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Yaman, 2 CUVs

BTT: Montero Sport nalang.

Kasi masyado kang mag-mumukhang tatay kung Grand Starex ang dadalahin mo sa office araw-araw. Kung ako naman, at my young age, I wouldn't mind, mabilis naman ang van ko
    *starex gold.. hahaha.. pwede ba sorento??? hehehehe

ako.. MS.. mas madaling manuever sa MM... and the new VGT engine is really good daw...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    *starex gold.. hahaha.. pwede ba sorento??? hehehehe

ako.. MS.. mas madaling manuever sa MM... and the new VGT engine is really good daw...
    Malakas nga VGT ng Montero kaso todo usok ata. Ilan na rin ang VGT Monty na nakita kong mausok.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sa kaso mo bro. moxymox,- I'd go with the Montero.

12.7K:fart1:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Malakas nga VGT ng Montero kaso todo usok ata. Ilan na rin ang VGT Monty na nakita kong mausok.
    Mausok nga kahit yung mga VGT models bakit kaya?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    montero din

pero pero pero

mas masarap gamitin ang van lalo na kapag may bulilit na.

siguradong gagawin niyang bed ang second row kaya wala ka na acces sa 3rd row kapag tulog na siya

dati ok na ako sa sedan dahil sabi ko 3 lang naman kami pero nagkaroon ng yaya, carseat, stroller, etc.. pati arinola pala ..

kaya yung starex na lagi ginagamit ko (00 strarex). parang nasa bahay ka lagi lahat pwedeng dalhin hehe

nung lumipat naman kami sa montero naloko na...

2nd row naging higaan
    3rd row para sa yaya at mga gamit
    yung pinaka likod sakto lang sa stroller

yan ay para sakin lang

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung yung Gen 3 na Starex vs. Montero Sport, I'd have gone for the the Gen 3. But since we're talking about brand new, I'd take the Montero Sport over the Grand Starex.

We just upgraded from a Gen 3 to a GS, and yes, it does take some getting used to. Whereas the Gen 3 was around as big and as easy (if not easier) to drive as an MS, the GS is bigger and bulkier. Ok naman to drive alone, because it's wide and stable, so handling is not an issue even if unladen, but then lonely ka sa loob. Hehe! Sabagay, even if you, your wife and kid ride it, maluwag pa din!

I'd seriously consider a Carnival LWB though. It's a bit longer than the GS, but then since it's not as tall, it doesn't feel as bulky, and it rides better. You don't feel as much a full time driver on the Carnival as with the GS. Hehehe! Plus for me is the fold into the floor 3rd row, which will be useful for your out of the country relatives and their cargo. Think of the interior room like a Montero's but more spacious. Unlike the GS which is definitely more van-like.

Though the SWB Carnival is easier to move around due to shorter overall length, I find the LWB's last row more flexible and more useful. If I were you, I'd try considering the Carnival together with the GS and MS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hyundai Grand Starex or Montero Sport GTV