New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Which of two is better and has more value for money?
    more value for money? i think it would be the grand starex. less maintenance and fuel cost. if money is not a factor, i'll still go with the hyundai. the rising price of fuel still makes me think twice of the exped, even if i have money.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for all the comments. Starex Gold, we already sold our Grand Starex Gold last week due to the fact that we saw the features of the GS HVX. We felt cheated by HARI. Yes, I drive my dad's Expy, and we are also chaffeured pag tinatamad kami ni dad magdrive. One thing that makes us think twice about the Expy is it being an American car. CBU units built in America are known to have many defects, and always being recalled. Case in example: Toyota vehicles made in America. OT: Not the fault of Toyota for its recent recall. Its American suppliers should be blamed. Our Expy nga, yesterday its front left tire wiggled suddenly. Casa has not found the cause.

We are more leaning to the Grand Starex HVX right now. Its not safe anymore to buy and own American SUVs. Murderer of Mother Nature, and prone to many defects.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Since you used to have a Starex why go back and have another one? If it were my money, I'll just get an Expedition EL. Keep in mind, this Expedition EL is being made at a time when the quality of Ford vehicles are surpassing the Japanese (at least in North America). With that kind of budget, I dont see the point of worrying about gas nor depreciation, no offsense.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Final decision: Grand Starex HVX. We're going to Pitstop Motors either tomorrow or within the week to make a reservation. Been researching Ford Expedition EL ngayon. Dami pala recall, especially with the 2007 model.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Uhm. Since you have the moolah to burn, why not opt instead for the GS Limo ?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    renzo ready ba siyang bumangga ang bubong sa parking lot? Haha

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    AH, hindi ba kasya sa parking lots ?

Kaya pala mga GS limo na nakikita ko puros nakapark sa open parking.

-

Anyways, OnTopic :: *TS, since HVX pala kukunin mo, get the one in white or in black ... 2-tone naman eh, so may contrast kaya bagay ! :cool:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    White nga gusto namin, white kasi yung papalitan (Expedition XLT). Pero kelangan muna daw mabenta bago kami magpareserve ng GS HVX. hehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yan ang mahirap ibenta Expedition. haha

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sobrang hirap talaga.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hyundai Grand Starex HVX vs. Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer