New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Considering that gas & diesel prices are almost the same nowadays, it all boils down to consumption. So which of these two would eat less fuel?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm guessing its the diesel with the bigger displacement that would consume less petrol. It also depends on where you use it, traffic/city or highway?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you're usually doing short trips, a gas engine normally suits you better. This is because it's easier to start and warm up. But if cold starts of modern diesels like CRDi or D4-D are no longer a pain, it's best to get cars with these engines. They are economical and have better performance than before.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tipid to the max na itong dalwang models na ito.

if you're choosing between the two, your primary concern na lang should be riding

comfort. softness of a gas engine or ruggedness of a diesel engine?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    (disregard... double post)

Damn dial-up
    Last edited by niky; April 13th, 2006 at 07:25 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The diesel has the advantage of more "oomph", better resale value, and better long distance fuel economy.

Tama si squala... a gas engine is more practical for short trips, as you really need to follow warm up and cool down regimens strictly to prolong the life of the turbodiesel. Long-term maintenance will be cheaper, mainly because it's a smaller and simpler engine than the 1.5 CRDi.

The gas variant is probably much cheaper, too... but won't retain its value as well... not like Hyundai is known for stellar resale value anyway... but that might change with these new models, as they're really much better than old Hyundais.

Can't go wrong with either choice. Personally, I'd go fro the diesel. The extra amount you pay is more than offset by the extra power and economy you get from that neat powerplant.
    Last edited by niky; April 13th, 2006 at 07:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I'm guessing its the diesel with the bigger displacement that would consume less petrol. It also depends on where you use it, traffic/city or highway?
    City lang, moderate traffic. We won't dare drive this in the highway, baka sagasaan kami ng mga bus/trak. :D
    Parang walang itulak-kabigin sa kanila. The gas is cheaper by P110k but the consumption is suspect. The diesel appears to be the thriftier one but the maintenance of diesels is always more expensive than gas engines. I haven't driven or ridden a vehicle with CRDi but I expect it to run smoothly so I guess both would be comfortable rides. Tough choice.
    Last edited by isketi; April 13th, 2006 at 10:14 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Welll, consumption of the Kia/Hyundai 1.1 and 1.3 are both good, with the 1.1 being about as good as Honda's 1.3 iDSi (or better in traffic)... I'm not sure how the 1.4 fares, but it's bound to be acceptable at least.

If the price difference is 110k, you might not actually save enough within five years of purely urban travel to offset the purchase cost and maintenance differential.

Kumbaga, purely personal choice na yan... get the diesel if you need the extra kick, otherwise, stick with the gas.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've always been pretty suspect of the expensive-ness of the getz crdi. ang mahal mahal. for that price, mag matrix crdi ka nalang. it's "only" 50k more and is a larger and more flexible vehicle.

IMHO, get either the getz 1.4, or the matrix crdi. the getz crdi has for me little value unless you like the "pocket rocket" thing.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi
    City lang, moderate traffic. We won't dare drive this in the highway, baka sagasaan kami ng mga bus/trak. :D
    Parang walang itulak-kabigin sa kanila. The gas is cheaper by P110k but the consumption is suspect. The diesel appears to be the thriftier one but the maintenance of diesels is always more expensive than gas engines. I haven't driven or ridden a vehicle with CRDi but I expect it to run smoothly so I guess both would be comfortable rides. Tough choice.
    kung crdi kukunin mo baka nga sagasaan ka sa hiway , maliit na makupad pa. yun mga hyundai gets na nakikita ko ngaun sa kalsada matutulin. small but fast pag naka gas engine.

if ako tatanungin bibili lang ako ng CRDi sedan kung gagamitin sa business. but for personal use, I still prefer gas cars or sedans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai Getz 1.4 GL M/T vs 1.5 CRDi M/T