New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here in tsikot. I just want to ask the MT accent owners here. My father has already 4 cars.. We have a chevy optra (2004), ford ranger trekker (2009), toyota innova (2008) and a toyota fortuner that just bought last march 2011. I always use our optra and ranger when I was in college.. Now I'm already graduated in college and I'm currently having my Flying Training as a Pilot. Since my little brother and my little sister are now in college, they also uses my father car in their school. So my father ask me to choose a simple car that i want and he will buy it for me. Since I want MT, I narrowed my choices down to fiesta hatch mt and accent mt. This will be my own car so I find it really hard to decide on what to purchase. So I test drove both of that car, and I like the feeling when driving the fiesta but I really want the space of the accent compare to fiesta and I like the looks of accent. So we already have our reservation at hyundai balintawak for a black accent and I can get my unit before this month ends. Do you think I made the right choice? Accent MT owners, have you ever experienced problem with your accent? How's the fuel consumption? Because I'm thinking if I made the right choice, I just want the looks of the accent because I think it fits me. I will use this car as everyday ride. But I can still change my purchase. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Accent has engine knocking issues with the lowest octane unleaded fuel. Dapat yung mid-grade o high end yung ikarga.

Not an economical choice at the moment habang hindi pa inaayos.

Kung ganun fiesta nalang.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    ganun ba? pero kung XCS or premium ipapagas ko lagi okay naman siguro ang accent?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It seems to vary. If you use Shell Unleaded, you are likely fine (my CR-V idles rougher on XTRA and Caltex Silver than Shell Unleaded).

The Fiesta drives better, but the Accent has more space and better plastics. Best bet is to test drive both before making a decision.

The Fiesta 1.4 Hatch is, I believe, the best of the bunch.

Also look at the new Kia Rio hatchback. It should be economical, but we won't know till we test it.

Mazda's 1.3 hatch is more economical than the Fiesta and Accent 1.4s, but it's kind of bare of amenities. It's fun to drive, and it feels extremely light on its feet.

The Swift 1.4 is niiiiiiice. But pricey compared to the rest of these cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    * sir niky
    natest drive ko na pareho. The fiesta has better handling. Ung accent okay din naman. Pero tingin ko kasi I need the space of the accent para pag may mga need ikarga sa kotse.
    The rio looks good pero nag woworry ako sa kia kung matibay ba.
    I don't like the back of mazda 2 and ung swift masikip padin ung back seat.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carljenar View Post
    * sir niky
    natest drive ko na pareho. The fiesta has better handling. Ung accent okay din naman. Pero tingin ko kasi I need the space of the accent para pag may mga need ikarga sa kotse.
    If space is most important to you then accent 1.4L MT it is. I think new batches of 1.4 MT Accent is not as buggy as the earlier shipment. Just my opinion.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    If space is most important to you then accent 1.4L MT it is. I think new batches of 1.4 MT Accent is not as buggy as the earlier shipment. Just my opinion.
    ung makukuha namin na accent e yung padating na units ngayong 2nd week ng feb. wala kasi sila stock ng phantom black ngayon kaya wait namin ung padating na new stock.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carljenar View Post
    * sir niky
    kia and hyundai shares same component kaya quality same lang din.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    kia and hyundai shares same component kaya quality same lang din.
    ^ This. Basically, the only reason to take one over the other is dealership support... which will still depend more upon the dealership itself than the brand.

If space is a consideration, the Honda Jazz is always a good answer, but prices are high and they aren't giving out discounts. Thanks to the Thailand floods, supplies are almost non-existent, and because of the pent-up demand, they're even charging a premium for the few units there are out there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    ^ This. Basically, the only reason to take one over the other is dealership support... which will still depend more upon the dealership itself than the brand.

If space is a consideration, the Honda Jazz is always a good answer, but prices are high and they aren't giving out discounts. Thanks to the Thailand floods, supplies are almost non-existent, and because of the pent-up demand, they're even charging a premium for the few units there are out there.
    ang hyundai cars ba damay sa thailand floods?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Hyundai Accent MT vs Ford Fiesta Hatch MT