New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    893
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    So in denial pala sila. Paano kung nag warranty claim ka? Wala ba recall?
    As a Fiesta AT owner I don't think that it's that big of an issue to the point na kailangan ng recall. The jerking/shuddering only occurs occasionally during lower gears in stop-and-go traffic. Otherwise maganda naman talaga ang drive ng Fiesta. My only disappointment is the lack of instantaneous acceleration when pedalling hard kasi mabagal ang acceleration niya.

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,524
    #12
    Between the two cars, I'd pick the Ford Fiesta because it has a much better interior. The Accent has a fantastic
    engine but that's about it. Interior is a huge let down for me, which is an important factor since you spend most
    of the time inside the car.

    But don't expect cheap maintenance for either cars. Accent will have slightly higher PMS cost due to it being a diesel.
    Ford will have slightly higher PM cost vs. your average Honda or Toyota. Just had a Corolla 2.0 and a Focus sport
    serviced for the 10TKM check up. Overall PM cost was higher for the Ford. Both using Full Synthetic oil.

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,293
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Between the two cars, I'd pick the Ford Fiesta because it has a much better interior. The Accent has a fantastic
    engine but that's about it. Interior is a huge let down for me, which is an important factor since you spend most
    of the time inside the car.

    But don't expect cheap maintenance for either cars. Accent will have slightly higher PMS cost due to it being a diesel.
    Ford will have slightly higher PM cost vs. your average Honda or Toyota. Just had a Corolla 2.0 and a Focus sport
    serviced for the 10TKM check up. Overall PM cost was higher for the Ford. Both using Full Synthetic oil.
    A bit OT bro but could you share the PMS price of your 2.0 Altis vs Focus Sport+? And siguro details na rin on why mas mahal (cost per liter of oil, labor fee, etc).

    It would help buyers have a concrete idea of how much higher Ford PMS is compared to other brands.


    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

  4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,509
    #14
    accent for me.. cheaper to maintain in the long run..

    just consider the fuel savings you will get...

    and also what is there to maintain on a diesel.. change oil lang noh...

    calibration? it will take you at least 7years before ka mag pa calibrate.. just be sure the diesel you put in is clean... and regularly change the fuel filters...

    power.. no contest... accent wins hands down...

    accent parts availability... madami kang mabibile nyan sa banawe... its a korean car... ang daming seller nyan...

    ford cars are really nice.... actually i own one a ford focus 50k na mileage nya.. pero nag sisisi ako sana nag toyota nalang ako or honda... ang hirap masiraan sa daan... walang alam gumawa!!! casa lang talaga... then yung parts.... medyo pricey pa... like for example yung side mirror nag palit ako... the cheapest i got sa banawe 2nd hand pa is 12k... then yun issue pa ng ford cars eh yung a/t tranny.. pag ayan ang nasira at out of warranty na... i think nasa 200k ang price... not sure ha....

    its better to ask.. casa how much ang tranny nila... kung tranny ang madalas masira.. dapat handa ka.. in case masira... can you aFORD it? he.he..

    mine so far.. several times nagloko.. handa naman ako... handa e-junk... he.he..

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Between the two cars, I'd pick the Ford Fiesta because it has a much better interior. The Accent has a fantastic
    engine but that's about it. Interior is a huge let down for me, which is an important factor since you spend most
    of the time inside the car.

    But don't expect cheap maintenance for either cars. Accent will have slightly higher PMS cost due to it being a diesel.
    Ford will have slightly higher PM cost vs. your average Honda or Toyota. Just had a Corolla 2.0 and a Focus sport
    serviced for the 10TKM check up. Overall PM cost was higher for the Ford. Both using Full Synthetic oil.

    Agreed. I already bought the 2014 Ford Fiesta 1.5L PS Sport 3 days ago. I didn't pick the Ecoboost version kase i think it's so new the market. Hopefull kung okay ang Ford, the next ford purchase will have an EcoBoost engine. It's an impressive little engine. My wife made a thumbs up nung nakita nya yung Ford Fiesta interior and overall looks because she was able to compare yung riding comfort especially sa rear-seats. Hopeful that we've made the right decision.

    Very true din yung mga sinabi niyo about Hyundai Accent HB, madami natanggal talaga.


    Thank you po sa lahat ng nag-reply! More power!

  6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    26
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    accent for me.. cheaper to maintain in the long run..

    just consider the fuel savings you will get...

    and also what is there to maintain on a diesel.. change oil lang noh...

    calibration? it will take you at least 7years before ka mag pa calibrate.. just be sure the diesel you put in is clean... and regularly change the fuel filters...

    power.. no contest... accent wins hands down...

    accent parts availability... madami kang mabibile nyan sa banawe... its a korean car... ang daming seller nyan...

    ford cars are really nice.... actually i own one a ford focus 50k na mileage nya.. pero nag sisisi ako sana nag toyota nalang ako or honda... ang hirap masiraan sa daan... walang alam gumawa!!! casa lang talaga... then yung parts.... medyo pricey pa... like for example yung side mirror nag palit ako... the cheapest i got sa banawe 2nd hand pa is 12k... then yun issue pa ng ford cars eh yung a/t tranny.. pag ayan ang nasira at out of warranty na... i think nasa 200k ang price... not sure ha....

    its better to ask.. casa how much ang tranny nila... kung tranny ang madalas masira.. dapat handa ka.. in case masira... can you aFORD it? he.he..

    mine so far.. several times nagloko.. handa naman ako... handa e-junk... he.he..

    I will keep this in mind. Sana wag naman ang transmission ang marisa, 200k is too much... pangpa-renovate na yan ng bubong ng bahay ko!

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    414
    #17
    I normally go for a diesel engine. However, the accent's transmission is only 4 speed. In city driving, I believe it will be more fuel efficient. However for highway driving, an overdrive 5th gear takes the lead.

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,445
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    I normally go for a diesel engine. However, the accent's transmission is only 4 speed. In city driving, I believe it will be more fuel efficient. However for highway driving, an overdrive 5th gear takes the lead.
    i disagree sir. very smooth ang automatic transmission ng accent crdi. whereas ang powershift ng fiesta nalilito saan nya ilalagay

  9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,214
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    i disagree sir. very smooth ang automatic transmission ng accent crdi. whereas ang powershift ng fiesta nalilito saan nya ilalagay
    Very smooth ang powershift sa highway drive parang CVT ...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    414
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    I normally go for a diesel engine. However, the accent's transmission is only 4 speed. In city driving, I believe it will be more fuel efficient. However for highway driving, an overdrive 5th gear takes the lead.
    This is my apprehension on the accent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Hyundai Accent Hatchback 1.5 E AT vs. Ford Fiesta 1.5L Sport+