New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cala Chuchi View Post
    congrats sa inyo chocomansi and wifey!

i am currently having the same problem, nalilito between accent hb crdi and elantra.
    we will use it mostly here in metro manila to meet clients. (kalimutan muna ang pangarap na SF3!)

impressive ang fc at power ng crdi, very practical. also, bago pa siya sa market so madali pa ibenta in about 5-8 years.
    pero impressive din ang elantra in terms of looks and overall package kahit yung 1.6 lang (kahit medyo matagal na siya sa kalsada).

mas nauna ko minahal si elantra kaya malamang yun na kukunin namin. mahaba din kasi pila sa accent hb at wala pa enough units.
    ang tanong ko lang, saan po ang best deal? meron po ba bigger discounts dahil medyo luma na siya at may parating nang elantra coupe?
    parang may kakatapos lang kasi na promo yung hyundai, di ko naabutan.
    pwede niyo po ako i-refer sa mga SA ninyo na okey ang discounts at freebies at maasikaso talaga?
    we need the unit sana by next week.

salamat po in advance!
    I could refer you bro to my SA Whre
    are you located?
    Send me a PM just in case

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    nice choice. IMHO, the accent is the better choice for two things, power and efficiency.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cala Chuchi View Post
    congrats sa inyo chocomansi and wifey!

i am currently having the same problem, nalilito between accent hb crdi and elantra.
    we will use it mostly here in metro manila to meet clients. (kalimutan muna ang pangarap na SF3!)

impressive ang fc at power ng crdi, very practical. also, bago pa siya sa market so madali pa ibenta in about 5-8 years.
    pero impressive din ang elantra in terms of looks and overall package kahit yung 1.6 lang (kahit medyo matagal na siya sa kalsada).

mas nauna ko minahal si elantra kaya malamang yun na kukunin namin. mahaba din kasi pila sa accent hb at wala pa enough units.
    ang tanong ko lang, saan po ang best deal? meron po ba bigger discounts dahil medyo luma na siya at may parating nang elantra coupe?
    parang may kakatapos lang kasi na promo yung hyundai, di ko naabutan.
    pwede niyo po ako i-refer sa mga SA ninyo na okey ang discounts at freebies at maasikaso talaga?
    we need the unit sana by next week.

salamat po in advance!
    I hope may makasagot dito, mukhang busy mga tao sa Elantra thread

Paconfirm naman kung meron nito ang Elantra 1.6L M/T:
    - audio controls sa steering wheels
    - power side mirrors
    - iPhone/iPod connector sa headunit
    - Bluetooth
    - Alloy na din spare tire same type nung default wheels

Anong average range ng FC nito? Hoping more than 10km/L in city driving.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's a bit of a tricky thing...

New gasoline engines no longer have distributor caps, or expensive high-tension wires. They have electronic ignition and ignition coils on each plug. In the long run, things like MAF sensors, electronic throttles and coils will incur maintenance costs, but these typically cost around 5-10k each to repair.

Diesels nowadays use direct injection systems running at something like 15,000 - 20,000 psi, and high pressure piezo injectors. When these go, due to dirty fuel, they often cost in the realm of 30k pesos. Each. The fuel pump is also pretty expensive. They also mostly use variable geometry turbos, which cost in the hundreds of thousands to replace, but can sometimes be repaired for 30-50k. Then you have EGRs, which are more prone to failure or clogging than gasoline EGRs due to the nature of the fuel and engine, and diesel particulate filters (to be fair, gasoline catalytic converters and O2 sensors also go bad... at around 100-150k kms or so...). And you have to change oil more often due to fuel dilution, especially if the vehicle runs a DPF cleaning cycle which involves injecting diesel into the chamber after the combustion event to clean out the DPF... this allows diesel fuel to wash into the oil, and was cited as a problem with the new Mazda SkyActivD in particular. DPF regeneration is also the reason why you can't use biofuels with many new diesels.

Then there are dual mass flywheels. These are used on some gasoline engines, but their use is more prevalent on diesels due to the excessive vibration. They have to be changed every time you change a clutch, at about 30-50k each change.

-

This is not to say gasoline engines can't be maintenance nightmares... but at this point, diesels are more sophisticated than gasoline engines, and as such, maintenance costs if you keep them past 100-200k kms are a lot different from before. My Crosswind might not be as clean as these new diesels, or as powerful, but at least when something breaks, I only have to pay a fifth to a tenth of what a common-rail owner pays to fix it.

-

For Hyundai small engines, though, I've been impressed with the longevity of the fuel system relative to some other makes, and the Accent CRDI should be easy (and very cheap) to care for. That said, I think the Hyundai gasoline 1.6 is also an excellent engine.
    Wow. Amazing inputs. I have gas and diesel cars, this post should be sticky in all diesel of gas forum threads. I would probably still buy me a crdi diesel, due soon. but surely the advantages of Gas engine in the long run in (Philippines) should not be ignored specially if you are to use the car longer than 5 yrs. Some mind bender truth here. Thanks sir Nicky hope you post more of these. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Eto rn pinagpipiliian ko na kasama nunh GS pero parang mas gusyo ko elantra yung 1.8
    Pero i cant ignore yhe FC of the accent crdi

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 4

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    eLaNtRA FTW:cool:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I hope may makasagot dito, mukhang busy mga tao sa Elantra thread

Paconfirm naman kung meron nito ang Elantra 1.6L M/T:

- audio controls sa steering wheels - NO
    - power side mirrors NO
    - iPhone/iPod connector sa headunit YES!
    - Bluetooth YES!
    - Alloy na din spare tire same type nung default wheels YES, tires are 15in alloys, same as the stock rims

Anong average range ng FC nito? Hoping more than 10km/L in city driving
    -mine is an automatic, I rarely get 10km/L city driving. I usually drive in heavy stop-and-go traffic though regularly, and I get around 7.5km/L- 8.5km/L. The manual should be more efficient, but based on what other Elantra owners say, 10km/L is really tricky to achieve in Metro Manila traffic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123