New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdll1 View Post
    newbie question since we are at the topic of size,

is this also the same fiesta sold at europe and US? If so how is it doing? I'm looking at the point that those guys are naturally bigger than us Filipinos,

on looks and toys comparison, some people say na medyo maganda na daw ang itsura ng accent blue, and the toys are also comparable to ford which is also unusual for a subcompact, is this also true?

I'm planning to visit hyundai early next week pa lang so all i got is what's available on the net
    Sa EU kasi uso ang small cars dahil may binabayaran pa silang emmision tax doon at masyadong masikip sa mga streets sa EU..

Tsaka uso rin diesel dun kahit mga sub compact hatches naka CRDi pa..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sa EU kasi uso ang small cars dahil may binabayaran pa silang emmision tax doon at masyadong masikip sa mga streets sa EU..

Tsaka uso rin diesel dun kahit mga sub compact hatches naka CRDi pa..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdll1 View Post

is this also the same fiesta sold at europe and US? If so how is it doing? I'm looking at the point that those guys are naturally bigger than us Filipinos,

on looks and toys comparison, some people say na medyo maganda na daw ang itsura ng accent blue, and the toys are also comparable to ford which is also unusual for a subcompact, is this also true?
    Yes its the same size as the Fiesta in the US and Europe. You can adjust the seats naman pero just make sure no one seats directly behind you na just as tall as you. A kid could probably sit behind you even if you adjust the seats for a 6 footer. Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear is 6'5" but he was able to fit with some Royal Marines behind him. I am sure the Marines ain't comfy but it can be done...

The Accent has very nice toys too. Basically it has everything the Fiesta has except the hands free dialing (in the Accent receive calls lang ang hands free if you need to dial you still need to touch your phone) and voice control.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yes its the same size as the Fiesta in the US and Europe. You can adjust the seats naman pero just make sure no one seats directly behind you na just as tall as you. A kid could probably sit behind you even if you adjust the seats for a 6 footer. Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear is 6'5" but he was able to fit with some Royal Marines behind him. I am sure the Marines ain't comfy but it can be done...

The Accent has very nice toys too. Basically it has everything the Fiesta has except the hands free dialing (in the Accent receive calls lang ang hands free if you need to dial you still need to touch your phone) and voice control.

Some things that make you think twice on picking the Fiesta over the Accent Blue.

Kay tidus okay lang Fiesta S coz he got lots of cars to pick from. Kung marami sasabay sakanya, he has the Sta. Fe or even his Accord. Kung family trips naman, it's gonna be the Civic or the Yaris. Pag mag-isa or 2, Fiesta S.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Who cares about space anyway? Right a cab driver.
    If people care about space, people should buy Foton VIEWs for 850k.

Who needs speed in a subcompact econo car? Right a wannabe ricer boy.
    If people care about speed, they don't because it's traffic especially in Metro Manila.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post

If people care about speed, they don't because it's traffic especially in Metro Manila.
    Some people care cause for some it might be their only car... More space is always a good thing, but for me I will not trade it for good driving feel. Different strokes for different folks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I agree with this statement: 'Who needs speed in a subcompact econo car? Right a wannabe ricer boy.'

If you want speed, get an Accord, Camry or Galant. getting a subcompact econo car supped up is just a waste of money.

just my 2 cents.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    I agree with this statement: 'Who needs speed in a subcompact econo car? Right a wannabe ricer boy.'

If you want speed, get an Accord, Camry or Galant. getting a subcompact econo car supped up is just a waste of money.

just my 2 cents.
    Huh ? What the hell is your problem guys ?

Bullshit yung

" If you want speed, get an Accord, Camry or Galant. getting a subcompact econo car supped up is just a waste of money. "

What if you can't afford those midsize sedans ?
    What if you don't really need the luxurious feeling that it gives ?
    What if you don't need the BIG space that it offers ?
    What if hindi kasya sa garahe ?

There are some reasons kaya pinili yung 2 kotse na yan. And wala kayong pakielam dun. For sure if that guy has cash, then he won't be even considering the Fiesta Sport. He would consider something REALLY better, like BMW's. It's fast. It's not used as cab and it has this good image. But no, the TS chose those two for some reason.

Ang tanga naman ng pag-iisip mo kung hindi mo icoconsider ang comfort. Ang speed and other things. Eh t*ngina bumili ka pa ng kotse ? ...

Tsaka nakakagago yung ...

" If people care about space, people should buy Foton VIEWs for 850k. "

... parang engot magisip.

Anak ng pota. Hindi niyo ba alam ang pinagkaiba ng Foton View at ng Accent ? Eh pag hindi mo naman kailangan ng 15-seater van ? All you need is a 5-seater sub-compact car that gives superb comfort ....

Fiesta pa rin ? Eh ipit nga yung paa mo dun sa likod eh. Because of the horrible legroom.

Fiesta pa rin ? ... eh pano pag kailangan mo ng trunk ? Meron ba fiesta nun ? Wala.

So isasagot niyo sakin, eh di ilagay mo dun sa space sa likod ...

Eh pano pag maraming dala, kakasya ba ?

Ang tanga isasagot nanaman sakin ....

" Eh di ilagay mo dun sa rear passenger seat "

Pano pag may nakaupo, saan mo ilalagay ? Sige nga.

'Who needs speed in a subcompact econo car? Right a wannabe ricer boy.'

That's f*cking stupid. Alam niyo ba yung ricer ? Yung naglalagay ng mga walang kwenta at ugly na modifications sa kotse that really doesn't HELP in your performance, handling and/or LOOKS.

Who needs speed daw. Yer right. As if you guys won't speed up to over a hundred if given the chance.

As if you don't need the acceleration power. TORQUE.

Di niyo kailangan yun ? Ows ? Pag sinabi niyong hindi. Pakshet, mga sinungaling !

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Who cares about the space? Me.

Kaya inayawan ko rin ang Mazda CX-7 dahil sa rear legroom. Masikip para sa akin. Sobra naman sa luggage space which is hindi ko naman kailangan.

Oo traffic sa Manila. Pero hanggang Manila nalang ba kotse mo? What if gusto mo mag byahe sa malayo like Baguio? Space and engine power is very important sa long drives. Bwisit kapag masyadong masikip ang interior. Parang iniipit ka sa loob.

Foton View? WTF. 15-seater Van = Subcompact sedan / hatch. Hello? Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post

just my 2 cents.
    What if hindi afford?

For the price of the Camry 3.5Q V6 (Almost 2.1M) Isang Corolla Altis 2.0V at Civic 1.8S na ang mabibili mo dun. Now that's the waste of money. Aanuhin mo yung bilis ng mga V6 midsize sedan kung yung 7-seater CUV ko kayang habulin yang mga yan?

At tulad ng sabi ni renzo, alam niyo ba ibig sabihin ng ricers?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ACCENT NA ayoko ng pwet ng fiesta

*renzo bilin mo nalang ung dalawa..

WALANG KOTSENG PERPEKTO KING**A Niyo.... parang tao lang yan!
    Last edited by kevin3000; April 29th, 2011 at 02:39 PM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Hyundai Accent Blue versus Ford Fiesta Sport