New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Guys, I need the pros and cons for these two cars since this will be my first car as a student lang I wanna get into point A to point B pero I will be using the car of my choice for the next 5 years ( monthly amortization). So, I need help in which car is less hassle while driving + maintenance + better fuel consumption.

Questions and Concerns lang po
    HYUNDAI ACCENT 2012 has some known engine knocking issues may I know if yung 2012 na 1.4gl a/t may engine knocking issue pa ba ? yung medyo sporty look na accent?

TOYOTA VIOS 2012 1.3g a/t the latest model is yung parang yaris right? I'm just concerned may alam ba kayong rumors about the next facelift of vios? kasi mabilis mag bago ang looks ng vios eh thanks!

HONDA CITY 1.3s a/t all i know is that this car is worth 786000 can someone give me the exact down payment for a honda? kasi nakikita ko 110k then 16k monthly parang OP? kasi if ever around 80k to I might consider getting the honda.

I'm a rookie when it comes to cars so I'm asking some tips from all you pros out there thank you!
    mas maganda kasi pag personal experience kesa sa salesman talaga

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We have a Vios 1.3 E A/T 2010. This car is a workhorse, fits 5 people comfortably with luggage, Has ample power (engine wise). Maintenance expenses are reasonable (Toyota Makati maintained). One can drive it from point A to Z, and it will still perform as it should. Fuel consumption is subjective since not all of us have the same driving habits. My personal figures for it at present are 12 kms/litre mixed city/highway driving. 20 kms/litre on pure highway driving.

The car is as boring as it can be, it does not break down, it does not rattle, no knocking noises, no whining and grinding whatsoever. Maybe that is why its the all time favorite of taxi operators. Parts are abundant, and being sold from all over, maybe even in your friendly neighborhood Mercury drug store. All the car needs is a good clean inside out, a full tank of gas, and its a go. In the unlucky event you get bogged into mechanical trouble on the road, chances of getting help from manong cabbie driving a similar model Vios is more than guaranteed ...

You're a newbie on cars you say? Zero knowledge? Get a Toyota, you'll be glad you did.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by durantula35 View Post
    Guys, I need the pros and cons for these two cars since this will be my first car as a student lang I wanna get into point A to point B pero I will be using the car of my choice for the next 5 years ( monthly amortization). So, I need help in which car is less hassle while driving + maintenance + better fuel consumption.

Questions and Concerns lang po
    HYUNDAI ACCENT 2012 has some known engine knocking issues may I know if yung 2012 na 1.4gl a/t may engine knocking issue pa ba ? yung medyo sporty look na accent?

TOYOTA VIOS 2012 1.3g a/t the latest model is yung parang yaris right? I'm just concerned may alam ba kayong rumors about the next facelift of vios? kasi mabilis mag bago ang looks ng vios eh thanks!

HONDA CITY 1.3s a/t all i know is that this car is worth 786000 can someone give me the exact down payment for a honda? kasi nakikita ko 110k then 16k monthly parang OP? kasi if ever around 80k to I might consider getting the honda.

I'm a rookie when it comes to cars so I'm asking some tips from all you pros out there thank you!
    mas maganda kasi pag personal experience kesa sa salesman talaga
    Since you are a student, I suppose you wouldn't care much about the way the plastics feel, how cramped the backseat is, or the lack of trunk space. If you don't care about "porma", the fact that the Vios is seen everywhere, or that the Vios doesn't really look that good, the Vios is the ultimate vanilla car that gives you a painless ownership experience. I'd suggest you get the manual though. You're young, so your legs can take the task. You get to save five digits on the purchase price, and also even more on fuel expenses and maintenance costs.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yup, Its the ultimate vanilla car.

If you care about "porma" though, don't get a Honda or a Hyundai ......... Get a Benz!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yup, Its the ultimate vanilla car.

If you care about "porma" though, don't get a Honda or a Hyundai ......... Get a Benz!
    Haha!~ Ang W210 E-Class papasok na sa budget niya!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Currently renting a 2012 Vios (Yaris) from ERAC for about 6months now. Has 7k miles when I rented it and now has 15k miles. FC is great but a lot of rattles in the dashboard. Wind noise is noticeable coming from the driver wheel-well side. Not sure if there's a loose trimming or something. Supposed to have great build quality...

Hyundai Accent 2012 1.4 A/T vs Toyota Vios 1.3g A/T 2012