New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Sirs patulong naman...which one will you choose in terms of looks, fuel efficiency and reliability? also, pagdating ng resale value ano mas ok - aftr 5 yrs magkano na lng kaya market value nito? salamat.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Rio ako. newer. huge trunk. more features. 15" mags vs 14's sa Accent na hubcabs.

Same lang naman sila engine and suspension. so it's a matter of personal preferrence and which dealer gives you a better deal.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    one thing i like about the Rio is the 6speed mt (hoping to get better FC compared to Accent)...but im a bit concern on its resale value

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Reliability?

Pls read the engine knock issue thread.

Both the Kia Rio and the Accent share the same engine.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for the inputs basti08 and mda...hoping that others will also share their ideas..

*mda - di kaya sa ecu yung prob? wala pa ako nabasa na complaints re engine knock on Rio...baka dahil din konti p lng owners?..time will tell :-)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tonio_pinoy View Post
    *mda - di kaya sa ecu yung prob? wala pa ako nabasa na complaints re engine knock on Rio...baka dahil din konti p lng owners?..time will tell :-)
    Quite possibly.

But if a car had issues with, say, rattling doors - I'd take it over a car with engine issues.

If I were spending my money, I would stay faaaaaaar away from cars that could possibly give me gamebreaking issues. Parang wala ngang sense yung mga 'nagdadasal' na walang knock yung accent na kaoorder lang nila.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd get the Rio. The design is much better looking, highway gas mileage should be higher with the 6 speed M/T and so far there is nothing yet said of any sort of knocking issues and they say the Rio's suspension is not as soft as the Accent's.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I agree with MDA. If Resale value is of big importance, I'd say you pick a Vios or a Fiesta. Coz in the future when you're gona sell your car. Buyers will be asking bout that Knocking Engine Issue again, they will be doubting.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Thanks GTI and ram_dlsu...

*ram_dlsu - im interested before in fiesta hatch but i have a cousin who've had bad experiences with his fiesta. Resale value comes last in my factors. If you were to choose bet accent or rio, which one would you pick?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tonio_pinoy View Post
    Thanks GTI and ram_dlsu...

*ram_dlsu - im interested before in fiesta hatch but i have a cousin who've had bad experiences with his fiesta. Resale value comes last in my factors. If you were to choose bet accent or rio, which one would you pick?
    w/ all due respect, this issue has also the last to do about resale and most to do about reliability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai Accent 1.4MT and Kia Rio 2012 1.4MT