New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I'd like to know your opinion between the two. Advantages or disadvantages. TIA.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    I think the resale value will be the difference.
    I'm torn between accent and vios.
    I don't know what to choose.
    But my dads '11 city is a very good performer. Super tipid (1.3 MT).....
    Actually I stopped my dad from getting the accent 1.4 MT because of the engine knock issue that I read here in tsikot.
    We went to honda showroom and we get the honda city '11 1.3 MT.
    It's a good choice. No issues. Very good performance. It's feels so light when driving.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I can't decide... At first, I like the new Hyundai Accent while reading the forums yesterday there were issue with new owners like engine knocking & the back suspension. I hope it's only an isolated case... Now, i'm leaning towards Honda City... I will not rush in my decision because it's a big investment.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Since you consider your purchase as a big investment, I believe the city is the safe choice. Honda is known for its durability, after sales service is also great. If it were me though, I would get the Jazz which is much more spacious, hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    Since you consider your purchase as a big investment, I believe the city is the safe choice. Honda is known for its durability, after sales service is also great. If it were me though, I would get the Jazz which is much more spacious, hehehe.
    I agree with Spotdog11. If you put a lot of value on durability, Honda is really the best choice. The City also has 2 airbags while the Accent 1.4AT has zero.

Tho the price difference is almost 100k. Accent 1.4 is around 690K which should be more matched to a Fiesta 1.4 or a 1.3 Vios.

However if you can stretch your budget to the Honda. get honda City or Jazz. I prefer the Jazz tho. I got to drive the City and the Jazz. They're both very light and responsive. The Jazz just offers the large space capability due to the ULT seats and for me its more unique since there are only a few Jazz running in the Streets.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I prefer the Accent due to the much lower price tag, more powerful engine, and fresher, more unique styling and cheaper maintenance cost as compared to Honda's trademark daylight robbery maintenance cost . And with this price, having a driver's airbag, ABS/EBD, split/fold rear seats and 4AT with manual shift override is a pretty good deal. With the savings gotten I'd be able to get a set of bigger rims and tires, a few weeks (or months if you don't go around much) worth of fuel, and money for quite a few maintenance sessions. Or, since you are already looking at the 1.3S A/T City which costs 771k, I'd also suggest you consider getting the 1.6GLS Blue Accent also. At 808k, it is very generously spec'd, the performance is excellent, and there is no of issue hounding it. And who knows? You might even get a pretty good discount!

Hyundai Accent 1.4 A/T or Honda 1.3S A/T