New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ako naman, personal opinion lang ha. OK lang sa akin bumili ng kotse na ranging from a few months to around two years old sa halip ng brand new. Brand new cars have very bad characteristics like the strained nature of the engine (due to being new), and the fact that you have to break in the car first. I'd OK getting a car that's gone through all of that even if its slightly older (given that I am 100% sure the car is well cared for of course). For your budget (around 1.5M, more or less, am I right?), in the 2nd hand market you can get a high spec Grand Starex or top of the line midsize SUVs (Fortuner, Montero Sport, Everest, Alterra, etc.). So for me almost new is better than brand spanking new.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Kuha nlng kayo ng mataas na sasakyan na 4x4 type ko mga hyundai cars mabibilis

Isuzu Alterra seems to be a good option over the Ford Everest. Isuzu is one of the most important diesel engines manufacturer in the world.

But among Escape and Everest, I would get the Everest due to the ladder-frame setup, diesel engine and dual-range transfer case over the Escape's unibody, gasoline engine and single-range AWD setup. Ladder-frame makes it easier to repair body damages, the diesel engine has a better throttle response and fuel-efficiency, and the dual-range transfer case enhances the off-road ability.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Korean vehicles are no longer patsies. The Sorento is a nice-looking vehicle but more expensive and the availability is always a problem. They don't even have that much display units in Metro Manila. You have to go to LIIP. The Alterra, to me, looks like a hearse.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    a bit ot but the ts solicited for this opinion (i'm not blaming the ts, just to make things clear.)

the Alterra Zen and Alterra UC shares the same platform and the same engine. The only difference between the A/T Zen and A/T UC is that the UC is a fully-loaded suv with all those toys while the Zen is decently loaded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ford Everest AT or Ford Escape AT?