New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi,

how do i identify if my 2001 civic is a lxi, vti or vti-s?

may i know what should be written under the orcr (engine displacement) to know if it is lxi, vti or vti-s?

difference on its look?

thanks much

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by clarenzio23 View Post
    Hi,

how do i identify if my 2001 civic is a lxi, vti or vti-s?

may i know what should be written under the orcr (engine displacement) to know if it is lxi, vti or vti-s?

difference on its look?

thanks much
    Civic's trim level is usually under the right tail light.
    The LXi has a 1.5 liter (non-VTEC) engine, the VTi and VTi-S have a 1.6 liter VTEC engine.

LXi , with all power features, radio/cassette player, third brake light and cloth trim, goes for PHP 625,000 (MT)/PHP 645,000 (AT). The VTi adds the 1.6 VTEC-3, single CD, map lights and keyless entry. Prices are PHP 678,000 (MT) / PHP 698,000 (AT). The top-of-the-range, auto-only VTi-S is the only one with ABS and EBD and dual airbags, plus an MP3-ready CD player. That goes for a PHP798,000.
    Read More: motioncars.com | Drives | Civic Revolution: Honda Civic (2001)

The VTi and VTi-S look similar from the outside, they have multi-spoke 15 inch alloy wheels.

The LXi has twin 5-spoke 14 inch wheels and black door handles and side mirrors.

The VTi-S has dual airbags, its steering wheel has a black and chrome "H" badge (under the badge it says "SRS Airbag", it's also only available with an AT.

The VTi and LXi have no airbags, visually, their steering wheels have no chrome "H" badge.
    Last edited by AG4; September 17th, 2013 at 06:39 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Thanks sir! appreciate it!