New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi... Im new at buying 2nd hand cars.
    my main interest is honda sir '00. while searching for a honda sir '00, i found an sir that was purchased on nov. 99 buy the owner claimed it was 2000 series. but on the registration shows nov. 99. is it true? can he really claim that it was a 2000 sir when it was purchased on nov. 99, or he is just playing tricks me?! is there a major difference between SiR 99 and 00? ...
    anyway... i really like the car. the mechanic that i brought with me said that it was fresh. the color is passion orange.

Im really, having 2nd thoughts... from what i see on the net, 99 SiR cost around 370 below, so i guess im gonna be paying more...am i?

the only thing keeping me from buying this car is the 99-00 model issue. need help. desperately.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just check the date stamped on the seatbelts.

AFAIK, models sold near the end of the year are already labled 'next year' series by sellers. We acquired a Besta around October of '98. We sold it as a '99 series.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Just check the date stamped on the seatbelts.

AFAIK, models sold near the end of the year are already labled 'next year' series by sellers. We acquired a Besta around October of '98. We sold it as a '99 series.
    i see... so makikita pa la sa seatbelt...

ano po ang AFAIK?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As Far As I Know.

Welcome to tsikot!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    We also got our Civic in December '95 but it's considered a '96 model.

Anyway, how much is the best price for that SiR? If your trusted mechanic says it's fresh, then you should most probably not have big problems with it. And at least it's not white. Don't worry about the true age of the car. If I were you, I'd look into other factors like wear and tear inside and out.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You're confusing model year and manufacture year. Model year is not always the year it was manufactured, for example at this time of year the 2007 models are already being sold and it is still 2006. Some manufacturers sometimes start selling the new model years as early as April or June depending on the demand for the vehicle. Check the following site to learn how to read the VIN on the car and you can find what model year the car really is.

http://www.autohausaz.com/honda-auto...n-numbers.html

Honda SiR 99 vs Honda SiR 2000