The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's because that's all he ever says. :hysterical:

-----

Matrix:

Pros:
    - wider, airier feeling due to big windows.
    - rear cabin power socket
    - comes stock with luggage rack
    - diesel power, fuel efficiency
    - better riding, since, of course, it's a bigger and heavier vehicle

Cons:
    - Hyundai resale value (which is offset by the fact that it's diesel, and diesel resale value is often better than gas)
    - no automatic
    - rubbery shifter
    - easily scratched and kinda cheap looking plastics

Jazz
    Pros:
    - Terrific CVT
    - Great fuel economy (for a gasoline engine)
    - Great performance (in 1.5 form)
    - Terrific handling, good control ergonomics
    - ULT seats give best-in-class cargo-flexibility

Cons:
    - Still not as big as the Matrix
    - Stiff ride
    - A bit expensive
    - Rattling trim (varies)
    - CVT sensitive to electrical changes

------

If I were being practical, Matrix. If I were to use this as a personal ride (solo only), Jazz 1.5 MT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The Jazz is more aesthetically refined, and more performance-oriented, while the Matrix is more utilitarian (though it would be better if Hyundai had a similar setup to Honda's ULT).

Naaaliw talaga ako sa Matrix. It runs on the same fuel as my ride, and has the same fuel capacity - but the similarity ends there. If I had to trade in my ride right now for a smaller car, I'd get a Matrix, with the added bonuses of CRDi and VGT. And the lack of an automatic doesn't bother me at all, being a fan of stick shifts.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Pininfarina design, crdi, vgt, hmmm...

i'll still choose the Jazz. ;)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    There are a total of five production sites for the GD Fit/Jazz:
    -Japan
    -Brazil
    -China
    -Thailand
    -Indonesia

Our Fit/Jazz here is from Thailand.

I think I still prefer the GD Fit/Jazz than the Matrix. Although I do admit that the Matrix CRDI is not bad either (when we tested it sa Macapagal Ave. for test drive).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    any feedbacks?

Matrix owners out there?

how is fuel efficiency? how much is a 2006 model costs nowadays? i heard Hyundai removed this from the local line up. is parts easy to source and cheap? TIA hope to hear from you guys...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    If you like to drive and don't mind the relative lack of grunt, the Jazz is your car. Whatever the Honda will lose in acceleration it will gain in corners.

Hyundai makes stonking turbodiesels (you can't argue with a Getz that does burnouts in 2nd gear, such is the torque) but they're not driver's cars just yet. Their chassis and suspensions still need work, I think.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hyundai's suspension tuning, with the exception of the Santa Fe... sucks. Their light cars are under-damped. But the Matrix is heavier than the Getz or the Accent, so it should ride a bit more solidly than those two.

The Matrix is fine as a workaday vehicle, but the quality of the switchgear, steering and shifter leave something to be desired.

Parts availability? Unknown. The clutch (from the experience of numerous test-drives) might be a weak point, though (precisely because of the good torque), and if you're buying secondhand, you have to check for poor running or smoke-belching that might indicate the vehicle has been fed dirty diesel in the past.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    the mechanicals of the Matrix is impressive... instead of lowly struts or torsion beam at the back, Hyundai chose to shod it with multilinks. So, i think with proper tuning, it might be a good ride after all. Besides that, it got a wonderfully powerful motor, very roomy interior (roomier than the Jazz) and the spunky looks? well, love it or hate it. IMO, its just fine.

Baka kase may magbigay sa amin ng Matrix CRDi eh, we are just skeptical with maintenance. Hindi sa iniisip namen na sirain, baka lang kase mahirap humanap ng pyesa KUNG SAKALI na may masira. My auntie never had quality issues with her Starex so, mejo kampante naman kame kahit na HYUNDAI ang badge nya.

one more thing, would you pick it(a 2006 Matrix CRDi) over an older compact say, 01 Altis E/G or 01-02 Civic VTi/VTi-S (all matics)?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    the mechanicals of the Matrix is impressive... instead of lowly struts or torsion beam at the back, Hyundai chose to shod it with multilinks. So, i think with proper tuning, it might be a good ride after all. Besides that, it got a wonderfully powerful motor, very roomy interior (roomier than the Jazz) and the spunky looks? well, love it or hate it. IMO, its just fine.

Baka kase may magbigay sa amin ng Matrix CRDi eh, we are just skeptical with maintenance. Hindi sa iniisip namen na sirain, baka lang kase mahirap humanap ng pyesa KUNG SAKALI na may masira. My auntie never had quality issues with her Starex so, mejo kampante naman kame kahit na HYUNDAI ang badge nya.

one more thing, would you pick it(a 2006 Matrix CRDi) over an older compact say, 01 Altis E/G or 01-02 Civic VTi/VTi-S (all matics)?
    my answer is yes. i will pick it over the older compacts. why? because its an MPV. its roomier, got high clearance and it runs on CRDi.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hyundai's cars are great...except for the shitty suspension...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda Jazz vs. Hyundai Matrix CRDI