New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thank you po!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The only thing I really need to know about you before I recommend any of your vehicles is one simple statement. You're still a student.

Hence my recommendation is easy. Get the Jazz.

Why? When the time comes that you have a job of your own, you'll have at least a fighting chance of paying off your maintenance and fuel bills by yourself in the Honda. I highly doubt you could say the same of the other two vehicles. SUVs are not cheap to maintain.

Long distances are no problem for the Jazz...if anything that's where its fuel economy shines the most. OTEP is correct though, you have to be wary of potholes.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, its his choice. But after spending seat time in the MS and Jazz, the MS comes out better for my uses. But i'd still take my current Nissan over them both. hehehe.

No idea yet on the Tucson, unless someone is willing to lend me one. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SUVs are not cheap to maintain
    If it's any consolation, aside from routine maintenance, truck based SUV's are not as expensive to repair in some aspects compared to a car based one. Why? Because truck parts are shared with other vehicles in the model line and there is an abundance of third party/pattern/replacement (just avoid fake) parts.

Php1,000 rear shock absorbers to fit the MS, yes. No idea how much rear shocks for the Tucson and Jazz.

On my truck, the less expensive KYB shocks fit both front and rear at around Php1,500 a pop. Third party pads are Php550.00 per axle.

Truck parts are also designed to be tougher and to be repairable (and even field repairable) should failures occur. Some bushings are just bolted on (and cost about Php50.00/ea) and can be fitted without the need for a hydraulic press or any exotic tools.

The Honda Jazz control arm bushings are not replaceable AFAIK. Instead, you have to get the whole assembly. If they are, please tell me so I can avert being screwed by the dealer.

No idea yet about electric power steering (used in the Jazz). But hydraulic power steering repair and maintenance has so far not given me a headache. Or maybe because I know a good hydraulic hose shop? hehehe. And hydraulic systems seem to stand up better to water contamination. In fairness to the Jazz, the GD unit we recovered from Ondoy didn't require any PS service after drying the car out (the batter was disconnected as it was sinking).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    pagbahain dyan sa school nyo kelangan mo ng mas mataas sa jazz

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Student ka pa? Oo sabi nila mas bagay jazz para sayo kasi student ka pa, pero 4th year college ka na, lapit na graduate kung 4 or 5 years ang course mo. Parehas tayo student, para sa akin ok yung MS or yung tucson na CRDi, ayaw ko kasi ng maliit na sasakyan, hehe. Hi lander lang gamit ko sa school, pero mas gusto ko pa din kaysa sa maliit ng sasakyan eh.

Kung jazz ang gagamitin mo, mas onti ang sasabay sayo, pero kung yung MS at yung Tucson mas madami. At mas gusto ko looks nung MS at Tucson para sa student, trust me mas madame pogi points yun! Ahahahaha! Go for Tucson na lang.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    student rin ako. kung dinadaanan mo mejo malupit ang lubak at bahain suggest ko po na kumuha na kayo ng montero sport (lalo na pag ikaw nagmamaintain) kasi pag kunwari jazz tapos maraming lubak eventualy masisira suspension unless na tolerated mo ang kalampag ehehehe. pati ang isa pang suggestion ko eh itestdrive niyo po kasi iba parin yung feel mo yung kotse kesa nabili mo kunwari jazz tapos nakahiram ka ng monty tapos mas gusto mo pala monty ayun wala ka nang choice kasi naibili mo na yung jazz kunwari.. testdrive parin muna. pero ako kung talagang malupit ang lubak monty parin:D

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Honda Jazz period. You're still a student, iyan ang pinaka-nababagay sa iyo. kadalasan ikaw lang naman mag-isa diba.

ngayon, yung sinasabi mong out of town, kaya naman nang Jazz ang 4 pax so walang problemo.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Your parents, uncles, or some older than you will say, jazz ka na lang student ka pa naman eh, but in the long run, i think monty and or santa fe will serve you better. Tip yan ng student na nagdadala din ng sasakyan, base from my experience yan. hehe. Parehas kami ng naiisip ni kulotz hahaha!

Insights ko lang po, no offense.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Montero Sport 4X2.

At parang ang lalayo ng choices mo?

Compact hatch
    Compact SUV
    tapos Mid Size SUV

Bakit kaya hindi mo pag pilian yung magkakalaban?

Montero Sport vs Fortuner vs Santa Fe?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz 1.5V AT OR Mitsubishi Montero Sports GLS 4X2 AT OR Hyundai Tucson CRDi???