New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

We are buying our second car, and we are thinking of getting a Jazz or City. We actually reserved a Jazz, but have second thoughts when we see, the features of City and much cheaper... What do you think? We really love the looks of Jazz and hatchback, in fact our other car is a hatchback also (but will be upgraded to an SUV soon). Please advise.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Difference bet. the two is around Php 30,000, which for me is negligible given the benefits of the Jazz. If it were up to me, I would always pick the Jazz over the City anytime only because of the hatch and the foldable seats both of which allow cargo space that may rival a CRV's. Of course that's just me. I always like the thought of having extra cargo spaces for unexpected situations or in situations that I need it the most.

City is also good for moderate cargo hauling with the foldable seats available in the 1.3 "S" and 1.5 "V". The 1.3 "A" has an unbeatable value given its price, but unfortunately it does not have the foldable rear seats.
    Last edited by number001; February 25th, 2006 at 11:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    if i dont need the trunk space, i'll get the jazz.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the Jazz is actually a bit shorter (in length) than the City. So a zechs mentioned, its just a matter of what you want to prioritize, either trunk space (city) or cargo space (jazz). Btw,for the City, trunk space is mostly for flat or horizontal objects. Since the Jazz is uncumbered by the rear pillars of the City, it can carry vertical or horizontal objects flexibly.

Overall length
    City = 4400 mm
    Jazz = 3830 mm

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks guys! more info please! How about other features? (interiors)? same lang ba?

I think mas marami yung sa city? and yung sa console, sino ba masmaganda? yung sa Jazz, white, and I don't know yung sa city, old style yata??

Lucas

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The City facelift has a slightly better rear suspension (softer sway bars, meaning less chance of snap oversteer... not that the City/Jazz is particularly prone to it... unlike the Vios... :lol: ), and a redesigned front end, that gives a slight bump in midrange power due to a cooler air intake.

The Jazz has an airier feel to it, still looks the better of the two, and has a more flexible cargo area / cabin. When the Jazz is facelifted, it will likely get the revised rear swaybar and air intake, also. But these changes are slight, and you really wouldn't notice the difference between them much.

It's all up to you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jazz. It just looks better. ;)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    For me, I think it will boil down to my purpose. However, the 30,000 difference between City and Jazz is an extra money for add-ons on the City like side skirts, rear spoilers, whatever or even audio upgrade. It all depends on you. In decision making, consider the the 2 F's (FORM and FUNCTION). Kung saan ang inclination mo, then go for it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Jazz, assembled in Thailand.

City, assembled in Laguna.

Draw your own conclusions. Be sure to check out my sig.

But if I were you, for the price of the Jazz I'd rather get a Corolla Altis.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN
    Thanks guys! more info please! How about other features? (interiors)? same lang ba?

I think mas marami yung sa city? and yung sa console, sino ba masmaganda? yung sa Jazz, white, and I don't know yung sa city, old style yata??

Lucas
    The City and Jazz are created to utilize the same platform therefore they share many parts in its innards as well as interior components.

The Jazz 1.5 's audio system is compatible with CD, MP3 and WMA, while the City 1.5's is only for CD and MP3.

The City 1.5 has a keyless entry system, the Jazz does not have one.

The City 1.5 has a wave key (which I'm not sure if its related to the keyless entry system). The Jazz does not have one.

The City 1.5 has optitron meter gauges while the Jazz has the analogue type.

The City 1.5 has a seat height adjuster for the driver's side, while Jazz does not have it.

Looking at the list of subtle differences between the two, it looks as if the City is the winner but dont look now. Most deficiencies with the current Jazz's features might become available when they facelift the Jazz by the third or quarter of this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Jazz 1.3s or City 1.3s?