New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Still hasn't gotten a ride yet. our options now are crv and fortuner. i really like the fortuner kaso sabi matagtag. cRv naman, kulang sa pogi points. Paki compare naman and give suggestions...para makapgdecide na. salamat in advance

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    One is good looking while the other is better and practical at everything else.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo incomparable nga. choose the one that suits your needs better, or choose the one that tugs at your heart more.

CR-V is much smaller and is a car. that means it's more fragile but it's faster, qucker, more fuel efficient, more maneuvarable, easier to drive, easier to park, etc.

Fortuner is larger and more stylish and is truck-tough. unfortunately, that also means that it drives as clumsily as a truck, especially in comparison to a car-based CR-V.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What MBT means by fragile is that it won't last long off-road, by the way. But it's tough enough for everyday use. If accidents are a concern, the CRV is probably safer, too, with an NHSTA and Euro compliant crash structure.
    But for economy, if you can accept the ride of the Fortuner, the 2.5 diesel is a good combination of power and economy. Read the D4D woes thread before deciding, though.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Di kaya may bagong lalabas na design ng CRV next year? Baka bibili ako ngayon tapos next year mukhang luma na kase iba na design. Unlike these past years na kahit iba ibang year model, mostly alike pa rin sila.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well that depends on what you value. Ganyan lang yung car market. The guy who buys after you will have a fresher looking car, but after another year or two, it'll also be old.
    I don't mind, personally... kaya bumili ako ng lynx kahit luma na ang itsura... it still gives me as much enjoyment as a newer car would.
    Besides, if a facelift is coming, then it's a good time for bargain hunting.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLOWMAN
    Di kaya may bagong lalabas na design ng CRV next year? Baka bibili ako ngayon tapos next year mukhang luma na kase iba na design. Unlike these past years na kahit iba ibang year model, mostly alike pa rin sila.
    Baka pa nga this year in the US meron ng bagong design yung CRV. Wait by this fall/winter. But it will take at least 6 months to 9 months to reach our shores. If its looks as nice as a Fortuner, expect another stupid waiting-list-game-with-the -dealers to repeat itself. There is nothing wrong with buying the CRV now, in fact it is best to buy a vehicle after it just had a mid-life facelift. They would have ironed out most of the kinks already, unlike a new model which would still need its teeth to be cut.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLOWMAN
    Still hasn't gotten a ride yet. our options now are crv and fortuner. i really like the fortuner kaso sabi matagtag. cRv naman, kulang sa pogi points. Paki compare naman and give suggestions...para makapgdecide na. salamat in advance
    In terms of ride bumpiness or "tagtag", I have ridden on both vehicles and to me they are almost alike (in terms of bumpiness).

The only thing nice with the CRV is that it is readily available NOW and its price is reasonable.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hollowman, i own a fortuner 2.7 vvti. ok siya kasi ang lakas humatak ng makina. may third row seats pa unlike the crv. i get around 7.5 to 8 km/liter. sulit talaga.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    What MBT means by fragile is that it won't last long off-road, by the way. But it's tough enough for everyday use. If accidents are a concern, the CRV is probably safer, too, with an NHSTA and Euro compliant crash structure.
    But for economy, if you can accept the ride of the Fortuner, the 2.5 diesel is a good combination of power and economy. Read the D4D woes thread before deciding, though.
    I own both a CRV (Gen2, 2003) and a Fortuner... The Fortuner's ride is a lot better. But, the current Gen2 CRVs now have a better suspension, I believe.

Kaya lang, I wouldn't agree that, if accidents are a concern, the CRV would be safer... The Fortuner, is a lot higher, larger and is indeed a lot stiffer (because of the ladder-frame) than the CRV. For those very reasons I feel safer that I would survive a crash with another vehicle in the Fortuner than in a CRV. A car hitting the CRV would cause more damage that would extend into the cabin compared to the same car hitting a Fortuner. Besides, the size of the Fortuner is so imposing that any driver in a car would think twice before messing with it.
    Last edited by vicoyski; April 3rd, 2006 at 12:50 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
are honda crv and toyota fortuner incomparable