New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I would like to request the opinions of fellow tsikoteers.
    A friend of mine is planning to buy a second hand compact SUV. He can't decide which one to get.

Which do you prefer?
    2003 Honda CRV A/T mileage: 8,573 Kms. Price: P584,000
    or
    2005 Nissan Xtrail A/T mileage: 34,065 Kms. Price: 711, 000

His budget is within the price of both SUVs.

What are the pros and cons of each?

Thank you in advance...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin lang ito ha? pero i really like yung stance ng Xtrail. pero i can't help you with the other details. no experience in these vehicles.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    anong trim ng xtrail yan?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mas may dating ang X-Trail (for me), but the CR-V isn't a bad vehicle at all, medyo matakaw lang sa gas (although the X-Trail isn't much better).

Mas maganda yung interior fit and finish at mga upuan sa CR-V. Not saying the X-Trail is bad, but there's a lot of plastic to get scratched. But the flooring of the X-Trail is practical if you do a lot of beach trips or hauling.

But the price of the 03 CR-V he's looking at is pretty good. Kung hindi tampered ang odo, okay na yun. Just change those stock tires... medyo madulas.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Pn any normal circumstance i'd take the x-trail. Pero mukha atang daily driver yung xtrail eh compared to the crv, based on mileage. Kaya crv nlang ako. Cheaper, less wear and tear.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AtariZero View Post
    Pn any normal circumstance i'd take the x-trail. Pero mukha atang daily driver yung xtrail eh compared to the crv, based on mileage. Kaya crv nlang ako. Cheaper, less wear and tear.
    Ditto. All things being equal, not only does the CRV have less mileage, it's cheaper too.

Pero siyempre ang final arbiter dapat ay ang titingin kung alin ang mas OK na makina at body. Kasi baka naman na-total na sila.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    serious ba yang mileage nung CR-V? hanep. halos hindi nagamit ah. digital na ba ang trip meter neto? hindi naman siguro naatras pag digital 'no?

both vehicles are very nice indeed. if space is a consideration, go for the cr-v. tsaka with that mileage.... this is a no brainer.... go for the cr-v. hanep yung mileage. tsaka malakas ata sa gas ang x-trail eh. :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Ayaw mo bang mag diesel SUVs, xtrail and CRV nowadays are not practical because of high prices of gas. Suggestion lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robbythor View Post
    serious ba yang mileage nung CR-V? hanep. halos hindi nagamit ah. digital na ba ang trip meter neto? hindi naman siguro naatras pag digital 'no?

both vehicles are very nice indeed. if space is a consideration, go for the cr-v. tsaka with that mileage.... this is a no brainer.... go for the cr-v. hanep yung mileage. tsaka malakas ata sa gas ang x-trail eh. :D
    yup, serious po yung mileage ng CRV. both vehicles are bank repossessed items so i guess the mileage are for real and not calibrated. and i dont think the bank itself would tinker with the odometer just to be able to sell these vehicles. my friend still cant decide which one to get..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    based on the details... kung totoo nga yun odo ng crv then by all means go for the crv. sulit yan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda CRV or Nissan Xtrail