New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Hi guys,

Im planning to buy a vehicle. Im confused between crv diesel or rav4. Im planning to use it for more than 5 years. Here are my concerns:

Crv diesel- diesel engine of honda and the push button shifter is relatively new to the phils. We still dont know its durability.

Rav4- gas guzzler. Mababa ang resale value. Wala masyadong buyers if e benta ko na.

I hope you guys can help me. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by *silver View Post
    Hi guys,

Im planning to buy a vehicle. Im confused between crv diesel or rav4. Im planning to use it for more than 5 years. Here are my concerns:

Crv diesel- diesel engine of honda and the push button shifter is relatively new to the phils. We still dont know its durability.

Rav4- gas guzzler. Mababa ang resale value. Wala masyadong buyers if e benta ko na.

I hope you guys can help me. Thanks
    CRV for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Imho no reason to get the Rav4. CR-V is much better in just about everything.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    CRV over RAV4 anytime...

And diesel CRV pa? No brainer!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    CRV diesel over RAV4. If looking for a gas CUV, a Forester or CX5 are better options over the RAV4.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Test Drive Both vehicles, para malaman..

Mahirap ko kasi mag-compare thru paper specs..

Merong Event pag dating sa Test-drive ng mga sasakyan..

Madalas sa MOA, ang event na yan.. even WTC sa pasay..

Kasi kahit anong payo at good advise pag dating sa sasakyan, decision nyo pa rin ang masusunod..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Imho no reason to get the Rav4. CR-V is much better in just about everything.
    The reason i am considering rav4 is the toyota brand. It is reliable vs the new diesel technology and push bottom shifter of honda we still dont know its reliability.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    [QUOTE=Egan101;2890438]CRV diesel over RAV4. If looking for a gas CUV, a Forester or CX5 are better options over the RAV4.[/QUOTE

The rav4 is cheaper compared to forester and cx5. Im considering the base variant of the rav4 which is cheaper than the two. Mas mahal na kasi yung forrester and cx5.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by *silver View Post

The rav4 is cheaper compared to forester and cx5. Im considering the base variant of the rav4 which is cheaper than the two. Mas mahal na kasi yung forrester and cx5.
    Check with your favorite or nearest Toyota dealer if they carry stocks for the base RAV4 model (Active). Last year when we were out doing CUV shopping, Toyota BGC and Pasong Tamo have no display for RAV4 models and would not even give us a test drive. They told me they only have the AWD model in stock.

With the discount Motor Image is giving out on the base Forester, it will be offered at just over 1.3M which is quite competitive already.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's your choice really ... but look around and count the number of Toyota RAV4s you see on the road vs the Honda CR-V / Subaru Forester ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast