New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^^ When you're driving a gas-powered vehicle with a displacement 2.0L or more here in the Philippines, you should accept the fact that it will not be fuel efficient compared to small car with a small engine. Just enjoy the comfort and power it offers. There is always a trade off.
    Of course there's always a trade off. The only reason why i said that statement was because you said ppvs are slow compared to them, which is obvious already. Those subbies are much more powerful while being more thirsty at the same time.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Of course there's always a trade off. The only reason why i said that statement was because you said ppvs are slow compared to them, which is obvious already. Those subbies are much more powerful while being more thirsty at the same time.
    Generally, CUVs are much more comfortable than PPVs and drive more like cars. This is the reason why some opt for CUVs instead of PPVs. CUV buyers are already aware of the fuel expense related to the bigger gas engines. Now, if you want something a bit frugal yet offers the comfortable ride of CUVs, you can always go with Korean CRDi platforms (Tucson, Sportage, Santa Fe, Sorento).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Generally, CUVs are much more comfortable than PPVs and drive more like cars. This is the reason why some opt for CUVs instead of PPVs. CUV buyers are already aware of the fuel expense related to the bigger gas engines. Now, if you want something a bit frugal yet offers the comfortable ride of CUVs, you can always go with Korean CRDi platforms (Tucson, Sportage, Santa Fe, Sorento).
    Yeah, a more comfy ride is what makes people appreciate them and since they have gas engines, at least they don't cause that much pollution unlike ppvs. But here it's already euro iv na so it may be different. If only petrol fuel is much cheaper like in other countries, then there would be plenty of them on the roads now.

That's the thing with this freaking country. Diesel fuel is much cheaper than petrol fuel, which equates to more people buying cars that are diesel, which cause air pollution in our environment. But ppvs are also more popular here because there are lots of roads here that are crappy in quality, as well as flood-prone and could break so easily.

In short, 3rd world lang talaga dito lol. 3rd world.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Yeah, a more comfy ride is what makes people appreciate them and since they have gas engines, at least they don't cause that much pollution unlike ppvs. But here it's already euro iv na so it may be different. If only petrol fuel is much cheaper like in other countries, then there would be plenty of them on the roads now.

That's the thing with this freaking country. Diesel fuel is much cheaper than petrol fuel, which equates to more people buying cars that are diesel, which cause air pollution in our environment. But ppvs are also more popular here because there are lots of roads here that are crappy in quality, as well as flood-prone and could break so easily.

In short, 3rd world lang talaga dito lol. 3rd world.
    Petrol is subsidizing diesel through taxes kaya malayo presyo sa Pilipinas. If you compare MOPS prices, magkadikit lang presyo ng gas and diesel.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ^^^ When you're driving a gas-powered vehicle with a displacement 2.0L or more here in the Philippines, you should accept the fact that it will not be fuel efficient compared to small car with a small engine. Just enjoy the comfort and power it offers. There is always a trade off.
    kaya nga ako hinde ko nag binenta 2007 santa fe ko eh para comfort na tiped pa. imagine 10 years na sya, tapos 43k pa lang takbo

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I can confirm the price as I was at MI last week. The discount applies to the base variant only, btw. But honestly, with a sticker price of ‎₱1.388M , I see it as a better bang for the buck purchase than the ‎₱1.67M Premium Forester.

+ + + +

Back on-topic:

After finally getting to see all three in the flesh, it seems that even if the CRV has the most room for passengers, the interiors are still a bit more spartan compared to the XV and the CX-5. The CX-5 and XV (the latter more so) definitely have more features and toys compared to the gas CR-V as well.

From a styling perspective, it feels to me that the CX-5 is the more dignified-looking ride and the XV the ***y one. The conservative styling of the CR-V makes me think that it's the type of car my mom or tita would drive.

Given the above, I would say that the real showdown (at the ‎₱1.55M price point) would really be between the CX-5 Pro and TOTL XV.
    Ok. Just checked. So it's a dealership level promo. The official list price is 1.488. Yeah, probably a better match.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Finally got to test out the CR-V gas. Here's how I compared all three:

Road noise is least heard in the Mazda, with the XV and CR-V very close to each other (no instrumentation used so it's my subjective ear doing the measuring).

The XV sounds best when you put the throttle down and it just feels faster than both the Mazda and CR-V. Parking is also definitely easier on the XV as it is a little bit smaller, after all, but visibility is just better.

The XV and CX-5 feel a bit more planted on the ground in turns as I noticed the Honda had more body roll. I don't recommend breaking late on the Honda.

I didn't have the opportunity to go to NLEX or SLEX but I think the CX-5 would be better there if you're driving your wife and kids. If you plan to do a lot of overtaking, the XV would be a better choice.

My personal opinion is that the XV is a slightly better and more sporty drive than the CX-5 Pro, but only because of the AWD and the smaller size. Suspension and comfort is great on both cars.

The CR-V is just not in the same league, imho. For this price range (₱1.5M), you'd have to be a hardcore Honda fan to choose the CR-V gas over the CX-5 Pro or the TOTL XV.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The CR-V is just not in the same league, imho. For this price range (₱1.5M), you'd have to be a hardcore Honda fan to choose the CR-V gas over the CX-5 Pro or the TOTL XV.

... or just a one who needs a good, reliable, practical vehicle for daily city driving ...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ... or just a one who needs a good, reliable, practical vehicle for daily city driving ...
    And for those who need the most spacious CUV and don't want a PPV...

Disclosure: hindi po ako hardcore fan... our newest Honda has just turned 8 YO, and have passed over the Honda offerings for our last 2 vehicles...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I'm not quite sure how the XV and the CX-5 Pro are in terms of reliability compared to the CR-V gas. Time will tell, I guess.

If you're being practical though, the Mazda has Yojin3. Or better yet, get a diesel that's not on a CVT.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast