New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Subaru Forester 2.0i-L is 1.468M ... you can get discount of up to 80T ... which brings the price even lower to 1.388M ...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Subaru Forester 2.0i-L is 1.468M ... you can get discount of up to 80T ... which brings the price even lower to 1.388M ...
    With Motor Image, the discount can be applied to the DP or the total price. The discounted price of the 2.0i-L undercuts the competition and even the XV.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I should do a price check on that.

If it's that low... then that means one thing:

Base Fozzies aren't selling.

Probably too old by this point... not enough visibility or traction in the market.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    and so ugly too

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Torque peak for the Subaru 2.0L turbo is available between 2k to 5k rpm. You don't need to rev it high.
    Maybe it has a small turbo that has optimal performance in those rpms.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

Probably too old by this point... not enough visibility or traction in the market.
    I can confirm the price as I was at MI last week. The discount applies to the base variant only, btw. But honestly, with a sticker price of ‎₱1.388M , I see it as a better bang for the buck purchase than the ‎₱1.67M Premium Forester.

+ + + +

Back on-topic:

After finally getting to see all three in the flesh, it seems that even if the CRV has the most room for passengers, the interiors are still a bit more spartan compared to the XV and the CX-5. The CX-5 and XV (the latter more so) definitely have more features and toys compared to the gas CR-V as well.

From a styling perspective, it feels to me that the CX-5 is the more dignified-looking ride and the XV the ***y one. The conservative styling of the CR-V makes me think that it's the type of car my mom or tita would drive.

Given the above, I would say that the real showdown (at the ‎₱1.55M price point) would really be between the CX-5 Pro and TOTL XV.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

I have observed on the roads that there are more Forester 2.0i-L compared to the 2.0i-P (Premium) and FXT. Fozzies look the same from a distance. The only main difference are the rims but they can be swapped out. Only the FXT has the distinctive fangs on the front (gone is the old hood scoop).

Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Maybe it has a small turbo that has optimal performance in those rpms.
    Check it out and give the FXT or WRX a test-drive. PPVs are slow compared to these two. The FA20 engine behaves like the usual big displacement 4-banger NA engine at below 2k rpm, like driving an midsize car (Accord, Mazda6). Once the turbo spools past 2k rpm, max torque becomes available and it flattens out with your tachometer rising up to 6k rpm. By then, you are already past triple digit speeds.

Going back to topic:

The CRV is the practical choice as a family vehicle against the CX5 2.0L or XV. However, there are a lot more options at CUVs within the 1.4M to 1.6M price range. If you're not so keen on performance and just need a comfortable CUV, the Xtrail 2.0L FWD is a good choice for 1.4M. If you want a diesel with CUV-like interior space and car-like handling, the Golf GTS wagon is more than worth it for 1.4M.
    Last edited by Egan101; October 12th, 2017 at 08:42 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Check it out and give the FXT or WRX a test-drive. PPVs are slow compared to these two. The FA20 engine behaves like the usual big displacement 4-banger NA engine at below 2k rpm, like driving an midsize car (Accord, Mazda6). Once the turbo spools past 2k rpm, max torque becomes available and it flattens out with your tachometer rising up to 6k rpm. By then, you are already past triple digit speeds.
    Then it has a good powerband compared to some other turbos.

When paired with an engine that has decent displacement, they will pump out more horses than the new larger diesels but their peak torque won't still be as high as them. Maybe it will crank out the same torque or more if they have the same displacement as them though.

The thing is, with that kind of setup that subaru has been offering, definitely you won't get good mileage that much, which goes to show that despite being "slow" compared to them, ppvs actually have decent power and tougher underpinnings for the local roads and conditions while being more efficient at the same time.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ When you're driving a gas-powered vehicle with a displacement 2.0L or more here in the Philippines, you should accept the fact that it will not be fuel efficient compared to small car with a small engine. Just enjoy the comfort and power it offers. There is always a trade off.

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Agree... or we just have to also adjust our driving style, which is actually the one of the major factors for FC.

^^^ When you're driving a gas-powered vehicle with a displacement 2.0L or more here in the Philippines, you should accept the fact that it will not be fuel efficient compared to small car with a small engine. Just enjoy the comfort and power it offers. There is always a trade off.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast