New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hello tsikoteers. I'm Planning to buy my first car this september. My budget is limited only and the best car for it's price is the Civic vti 96. However, Almost VTI 96 that are posted in sulit, olx and other websites are Matic! well, there are few manuals but the looks are not that good. ok po ba ang Matic na VTI 96-2000 series?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well Civics with manual trannys are better IMO. Tignan mo na lang, mas madaming matic na binebenta Kasi matic trannys are well, not hard but need more " attention " kumbaga, and they tend to break after a long time if not taken of properly. Syempre +1 comfort for matic trannys and -1 for the manual. Pero for me, if you could find a decent Civic with a matic tranny then good. The civic isnt a bad car after all.

EDIT: I am not saying that matic trannys are much prone into breakage so dont get me wrong.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by albert1911 View Post
    Hello tsikoteers. I'm Planning to buy my first car this september. My budget is limited only and the best car for it's price is the Civic vti 96. However, Almost VTI 96 that are posted in sulit, olx and other websites are Matic! well, there are few manuals but the looks are not that good. ok po ba ang Matic na VTI 96-2000 series?

Thanks in advance!
    What amount is your budget? From the car you mentioned, it seems to be in the 200K to 250K range.

A 96 Civic Vti A/T is a good car .... back in 1996. The problem is the wear & tear on the automatic tranny, after 13 years, might mean the tranny might give out when you own it. And that means expensive repairs/replacement and more than just a couple of days in the repair shop.

If you can get a discount from the seller to cover for that fact and you are willing to gamble, the 96 Civic VTi A/T is a good car (assuming the unit you will be buying was maintained well enough).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if you were to ask me, tama si GH, wear and tear ng matic ang magiging prob. if you really want a m/t version, you have to wait para makakuha ng unit na matino.

good luck sa car hunting.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir ayaw mo LXi, mas maraming fresh M/T units for that variant

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Malakas ang shift shock ng 96-00 honda kaya binenta ko matic ko after 3 months lang sa akin at manual ang pinalit ko at 5 years ko ng gamit. Bothered talaga ako sa matic nya na para kang nauuntog everytime na magshift ang mga gears lalo na pag shift mo ng reverse.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It all depend on your preference if for daily driving because of heavy traffic it is comfortable to drive an automatic. Only good in manual transmision if your car wont start due to week battery let somebody push it and crank it to let the engine run. Few tips in getting a good automatic tranny car:
    1. Check the atf fluid for possible burn smell.
    2. Test drive see that when you shift from park to rear is smooth and others.
    3. A good well maintain automatic tranny will last long .Depend on the user.
    This is only my suggestion.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Tignan mo na lang, mas madaming matic na binebenta

Tama nga naman .. I may have to be a bit patient and look for a manual tranny then. Thanks for the quick reply sir renzo

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    What amount is your budget? From the car you mentioned, it seems to be in the 200K to 250K range.

A 96 Civic Vti A/T is a good car .... back in 1996. The problem is the wear & tear on the automatic tranny, after 13 years, might mean the tranny might give out when you own it. And that means expensive repairs/replacement and more than just a couple of days in the repair shop.

If you can get a discount from the seller to cover for that fact and you are willing to gamble, the 96 Civic VTi A/T is a good car (assuming the unit you will be buying was maintained well enough).

yes sir ghosthunter, my budget is only 200k to 250k

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sir ayaw mo LXi, mas maraming fresh M/T units for that variant
    ok din po ung LXI, but I go for the "extra power" thing.

Honda Civic VTI 96 Manual Vs Automatic