New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    First of all I want to great all of you, I just joined in, and this will be my first post in this forum, hope you can accomodate me with your useful replies.
    Ok here it goes, I was approached by a car agent working for Chevrolet Pampanga about purchasing a Chevy Optra 1.6 AT 2004, I only knew him through a friend by the way and I did not really entertained the idea of parting with my VTI AT 2001, since I am really biased for a Civic.

However it has crossed my mind just this week, what if I sell my Honda and buy the Chevy, can you help me out with this guys? Although mas older model ang car ko ngayon, parang mas maganda pa din ang Civic compare to the Optra e.

I based this on the Civic's resale value, reliable parts,brand name and fuel efficiency among other things, also nabasa ko din sa forum na ito na ang Optra, kahit dala ang name ng Chevy will always be a Daewoo, how true is this? I mean, bakit papayag ang Chevy na i brand sa kanila ang isang Daewoo, which we Filipinos now know is, forgive my expression a crap car?

Thanks guys, sensya na sa haba ng thread starter.

Welcome to Tsikot dude.

Yup the Chevy Optra is actually a rebadged Daewoo... they have the same mother company = GM. Please correct me if am wrong.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Not worth it for you to sell your civic and go for the optra. If your car is well taken cared off, i think you will actually be downgrading as the performance of civic is still better than the optra.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Even though your car is an older model that the Chevy Optra its on how you take care of your car. If its well taken care of it can still be almost like the brand new Optra. Just my two cents.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa Civic pa din ako

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    civic pa rin, optra di pa proven resale value e

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    korek ka dyan! think about the parts and maintenance..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I'd go for the Civic. Even if the parts are quite expensive, it is proven for its reliability. Punta ka sa BAnawe, dami din surplus yan.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for your replies, wow, ganyan pala dito sa forum na to, mabilis magbigay ng mga opinions/advises, di tulad sa iba. Thanks again, hope to post more on this site.

OT

Flash: Why don't you join us, may EB kami sa Price Mart Macapagal, meeting place at Shell Diosdado Macapagal 3 PM... mabilis lang hanapin - pag may nakita kang makintab na silver Brabus MB lapitan mo tapos mag pakilala ka

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Honda Civic VTi 2001 vs. Chevy Optra 2004