Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    any pros and cons?

sa fc, at performance? sa maintenance?

tnx!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Civic is the better car overall. I own a Civic and my only gripe with it is its bad seats. Matigas and masakit sa pwet on a long drive.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    V (CIVIC) vs G corolla both M/t?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    civic po sir. unless wife mo or nanay mo gagamit madalas corolla na lang

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    V (CIVIC) vs G corolla both M/t?
    Hmm... Let's see...

The Civic V has a 1.8L engine, while the Altis has 1.6. The former obviously has the edge in performance. In terms of fuel economy, they're almost similar, but in everyday traffic, the Altis might yield a 1-2 KM/L advantage.

The Civic has a more futuristic-looking exterior; the Altis has a more understated appearance. That's the same with the interior. The Civic is more spacious than the Altis, though the seats of the Altis are better.

The Civic has 4-wheel disc brakes; the Altis has rear drums.

The Civic has no airbags still; the Altis has one for the driver.

The Civic has no fog lamps; the Altis has.

They both have 15-inch wheels.

The Civic has conventional AC controls; the Altis has Auto Climate Control.

The Civic has no steering wheel controls; the Altis has, though it doesn't have an aux input for your mp3 player, something which the Civic has.

The Civic has fixed rear seats; the Altis has a 60:40 folding capability. In addition, it also has an extra glovebox.

In terms on maintenance, I think they will cost you almost the same in the long run. Although the Altis might be a bit cheaper in the end since most mechanical components are shared with the previous generation (not sure about this, though). Hence, parts might be easier to find and might also be a bit cheaper.

The Civic V M/T costs Php858,000, while the Corolla Altis G M/T costs Php833,000. A difference of Php25,000. IMO, the Altis seems the better value for money, but it really depends on what you're looking for in the car. If you value performance and a more exciting drive, the Civic is for you (just get the 'S' variant though, if possible). But if you want better comfort and more creature-features in an everyday car, the Altis might be the better choice.

Good luck, and hope this helps!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Tnx mukang mas better ang altis, im after din dun sa h.u controls ung kasi gusto ni ermats..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Corolla being cheaper... depends... some parts for the new Corollas are not so...

Some Civic parts might cost more, but regular PMS is cheaper for the Civic, with less downtime.

Civic has better steering, better engine response, better shifter (Corolla's is pretty rubbery), etcetera. Corolla has softer seats and ride. But Civic has more room and doesn't handle like a boat. And the Civic plastics are much better than the Corolla's.

Different strokes for different folks. Which one is best for you will depend on what you value. All I can say is... test-drive, test-drive, test-drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Corolla being cheaper... depends... some parts for the new Corollas are not so...

Some Civic parts might cost more, but regular PMS is cheaper for the Civic, with less downtime.

Civic has better steering, better engine response, better shifter (Corolla's is pretty rubbery), etcetera. Corolla has softer seats and ride. But Civic has more room and doesn't handle like a boat. And the Civic plastics are much better than the Corolla's.

Different strokes for different folks. Which one is best for you will depend on what you value. All I can say is... test-drive, test-drive, test-drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Upon using a Civic V. I`m getting a 8-9kpl city driving. And 11 - 12kpl highway. The altis I think gets 10-11 pure city and 12-14 on highway. Not much of a difference though.

Yes, the civic's ride is stiff, once we went to alaminos laguna, then went to enchanted kingdom then back to manila. We need a little breaks to stretch our bodies. The speed of the civic is not bad, you could easily go to 100kph.

On my 20kPMS I spent 8k for it. Not bad, and as for my corolla 4k for just pure tune up. Interior wise, yes the civic wins. Uhm trunk space, corolla.

The corolla's engine bay is way way bigger than the civic.

Well kevin, if you could stretch your budget a little bit, you could get a mini-camry altis. The Pearl white Altis V. 950k i think.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Upon using a Civic V. I`m getting a 8-9kpl city driving. And 11 - 12kpl highway. The altis I think gets 10-11 pure city and 12-14 on highway. Not much of a difference though.

Yes, the civic's ride is stiff, once we went to alaminos laguna, then went to enchanted kingdom then back to manila. We need a little breaks to stretch our bodies. The speed of the civic is not bad, you could easily go to 100kph.

On my 20kPMS I spent 8k for it. Not bad, and as for my corolla 4k for just pure tune up. Interior wise, yes the civic wins. Uhm trunk space, corolla.

The corolla's engine bay is way way bigger than the civic.

Well kevin, if you could stretch your budget a little bit, you could get a mini-camry altis. The Pearl white Altis V. 950k i think.
    so you already got your FD, huh? or that's your uncle's FD?

well, BTT

mas marami ang features ng Corolla Altis 1.6G than FD 1.8V. pero if you're after the engine and the handling, mag FD ka na. pero kung comfort and features naman, well Altis sakto for your mom.

and sa FC, same lang sila, pero halata namang mas tipid yung Civic kasi bigger engine.

interior space, FD syempre. pero mas maganda yung interior ng Altis kasi 1.6G. diba yung sa 1.8S Civic ay white.

sa maintenance! dito magkaka-talo na. yung maintenance ng Honda mahal talaga. yung 6 months/ 10k KMS PMS ko umabot ng PHP4,350 (change oil, tune up, remove seat covers). yung Vios ng sister ko, na may dumagdag pang isang Vios (ewan ko kung saan galing) both 1.5G, almost 40% ang difference ng PMS cost sa Honda.

overall, Altis ang vote ko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda CIVIC vs. Toyota COROLLA ALTIS