New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    what are the differences of honda civic esi's? preferably automatics ('93, '94, '95)

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    92-94 ESi - no 3rd brake light, no defogger, 13" mags only
    95 - more colors, 14" mags, defogger, 3rd brake light

All don't have cupholders, center consoles, split-fold rear seats, airbag and ABS, but most of them do feature rust on the roof and fender.

Also not very good friends with a Pajero!

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=imawEY0HEak"]YouTube - Test Crash 4x4 vs Honda Civic Couple 92[/ame]
    Last edited by squala; December 1st, 2007 at 11:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Kalawangin po ang civic esi, half-open pa yung rear window

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    so if you were to buy an esi for just 100k in good condition you wouldn't buy it?

thanks for your replies guys, planning to buy d esi of my friend that's why... :P

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I used to own 94 esi...i sold it to my friend. he is still driving it and still working fine...one click start..no problem with idling..still smooth.

as one member posted, esi roof is prone to rust. thats the bad part of it.

but if you can get a good condition esi...i think it will be great...good power, ride. my esi had 3rd breaklight standard..but no rear defogger. i bought that optional cup holder..nice car overall.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    what part of the roof are there initial signs of rusting? just want to know where to look... :P

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    could someone post the rust problem of the esi? I'm encountering rust problem on the 96 vti also. thanks

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Double, post.
    Last edited by Autobeat; December 9th, 2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: double post

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've heard 93 models were still SKD units from Japan with black top engine,
    while 94-95 had the silvertop engine and with more local parts already including windshields, also assembled locally na at the Honda plant in Laguna.

Quote Originally Posted by julsuy View Post
    I'm encountering rust problem on the 96 vti also. thanks
    I've noticed nga two of our neighbor's 96 vti/lxi also having the roof rust problem. Seems to start coming out when the car turns 10yrs.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    oo nga. bakit nga ba kalawangin ang honda? my previous 95 esi twice na body repair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
honda civic esi