New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    is it true that the Civic2.0 has the same engine with crv?? K20 ryt??? e ang takaw sa gas nun..b4 we own a 03crv...ang gas mileage nya 5.5-6km/l

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    matakaw sa gas kasi mas malaki body dinadala

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    matakaw sa gas kasi mas malaki body dinadala
    Correct, it wont be as bad as the Crv but one thing is for sure even if its a thrifty 2.0 on idle it consumes more gas than a 1.8. DAily route would a major factor in deciding what to get.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM
    [2.0li]
    Fuel consumption City: 8.7 L/100 km (32 mpg Imperial) 11.5km/L
    Hwy: 6.4 L/100 km (44 mpg Imperial) 15.6km/L

[1.8li]
    Fuel consumption City: 7.8 L/100 km (36 mpg Imp) 12.8km/L
    Hwy: 5.7 L/100 km (50 mpg Imp) 17.5km/L

so the 10%increase in HP has the corresponding 11%increase in consumption. not bad i believe. just take what is your priority...
    This, to me, translates to:

2.0 - 8-9 km/l city
    - 12+ km/l highway

1.8 - 10 km/l city
    - 14-15+ km/l highway

in Philippine conditions.

This is ONLY for the manual version. The reason the CRV and old Honda Civic 2.0 are such guzzlers is because of the automatic transmission. And, as others have said, the CRV's heavy body also plays a factor. On a manual tranny 2.0 compact, 9+ km/l is possible in city driving with a light foot, and up to 12 km/l on the highway, with no traffic and conservative driving. I've done this in my RS, and that engine is much cruder and less efficient than the new 2.0 Honda.

As for speed, although I'm what you might consider a speed freak (most of us probinsyano/long-distance drivers are ), I concede that the 1.8 is quick enough. Make no mistake, it's not as powerful as a 2.0, despite the 140hp rating, because of the lack of torque, but in everyday driving, you rarely ever need to get to 100 km/h quicker than 10-12 seconds anyway. Heck... even the "weak" 105hp Mazda3 1.6 is powerful enough for most driving. :lol:

My vote, thus, goes to the 1.8... try to get the upper model for the extra safety features, though.

EDIT: In manual please... the 1.8 AT isn't as responsive as I'd like. And since it's CVT, it's not going to be as amazingly frugal as the City or Jazz AT.
    Last edited by niky; May 15th, 2006 at 10:59 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Minsanan lang naman ang bili ng car, so kung kaya yung high end, dun nalang. Hindi naman masasayang yung extra hp & torque kasi palagi namang may provincial trip every Sunday. Iba parin kasi yung malakas ang makina at kumpleto features. :D

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Most_Wanted
    I've visited honda manila the other day and they showed me the waiting list. The wait for M/T for both 1.8 and 2.0 variants is shorter than the A/T variants. But it also depends on which car color you'd like to buy. For honda manila, bluish silver got the least order and would take only a month to wait. For other variants, the SA said it would normally take 2 months. Its best to visit the branch where you are going to purchase the car.
    I think the 1.8 is powerful enough, but if you have the extra buck and care less to the fuel economy, then get the 2.0.
    Hmmm Dami na ba nagshshift to AT from manual? alam ba nila na malamang di cya as responsive as CVT?

Hmm are you looking for fuel economy and mostly city driving? If so then I think that 1.8 is enough also if you are patient enough to wait. Also note that gas prices are increasing again... And with "school season" around the corner so will be heavy traffic. Kunin mo lang ung S para mas pogi
    Last edited by bajumbo; May 15th, 2006 at 12:13 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Kotiko,

The answer to your question depends on how much your budget is.

I say this because I own a 2-liter Civic (7th gen) and its very fuel efficient, compared to my 2-liter CRV. Both A/T.

Its all about choice of octane rating and power-weight ratios.

The power-weight ratio of the 2-liter is better than the 1.8-liter. I'm guessing the 1.8-liter will use 95 RON fuel and the 2-liter will use 93 RON. In which case, the 2-liter will achieve better fuel efficiency numbers.

Therefore, if you've got the budget for a 2.0, then go for it. If not, the 1.8 won't disappoint.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I got the 1.8 S A/T. I would have wanted the 2.0 S-L but the difference is quite big, around P300T and I'm also wary of the fuel consumption of the 2.0.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Test drove the 1.8 A/T and ok naman sya! Roomy interior and nice driving feel!

Nothing special sa engine but I don't mind and 2.0L should add some more fun.

My only complaint is that boot space is quite tiny and been sacrificed alot for the extra interior space.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    dito sa pilipinas? 1.8L is the practical choice tlga.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda Civic 2006 [1.8] or Honda Civic 2006 [2.0]