New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hey peeps!

Need the tsikoteer insight on this. Which do you think is better? The one who will own has city trips during weekdays and provincial trip every Sunday. :D

Is the 1.8 already worth it or you think 2.0 is the way to go? We need something that's economical too, which won't be consuming too much gas with the lifestyle I said above.

I've read some reviews and saw some comments that the 1.8 feels way better because it gives a stronger feel. But of course, the 2.0 is something different, with better features and of course a faster ride. So what do you think?

In all aspects (with a lot of consideration regarding its costs too), which do you think is better between the two? By the way, I heard the lines are long now, is this true?

Thanks bros!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    me I'll never buy a 2.0 mid-size sedan for the very reason na di ko naman kelangan sa city driving. kung pang-expressway, iwas tukso na din.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I've visited honda manila the other day and they showed me the waiting list. The wait for M/T for both 1.8 and 2.0 variants is shorter than the A/T variants. But it also depends on which car color you'd like to buy. For honda manila, bluish silver got the least order and would take only a month to wait. For other variants, the SA said it would normally take 2 months. Its best to visit the branch where you are going to purchase the car.
    I think the 1.8 is powerful enough, but if you have the extra buck and care less to the fuel economy, then get the 2.0.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    When you look at the specs of the 2.0 and 1.8 theres just a few hp that seperates them. The 2.0 top of the line looks fantastic because of the options included but If you want economy go for the 1.8 variant. They say that its got the power of a 2.0 but thrifty as a 1.5. Now if you really dont care that much abt fuel consumption and would want that extra oomph factor then opt for the 2.0.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Most_Wanted
    I've visited honda manila the other day and they showed me the waiting list. The wait for M/T for both 1.8 and 2.0 variants is shorter than the A/T variants. But it also depends on which car color you'd like to buy. For honda manila, bluish silver got the least order and would take only a month to wait. For other variants, the SA said it would normally take 2 months. Its best to visit the branch where you are going to purchase the car.
    I think the 1.8 is powerful enough, but if you have the extra buck and care less to the fuel economy, then get the 2.0.
    a good simple summary. but accdg to Canadian Driver.com btw who has a chance to fulkly review both the 1.8Civic and the 2.0CSX (rebadged Honda Civic) has the ff. numbers below (albeit Canada conditions, which is far different fm. our Manila roads & traffic condition).

[2.0li]
    Fuel consumption City: 8.7 L/100 km (32 mpg Imperial) 11.5km/L
    Hwy: 6.4 L/100 km (44 mpg Imperial) 15.6km/L

[1.8li]
    Fuel consumption City: 7.8 L/100 km (36 mpg Imp) 12.8km/L
    Hwy: 5.7 L/100 km (50 mpg Imp) 17.5km/L

so the 10%increase in HP has the corresponding 11%increase in consumption. not bad i believe. just take what is your priority...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks looks like its shaping up to be the 1.8 talaga. Any more comments? :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    saw the 2.0 matic upclose medyo mahal nga kahit na for the extra features pero as they say nga if you have money to spend then why not diba? leather hid paddle shift pero mga not so impt nga lang yun plus the 2.0 engine pero sa alam ko 1.8 m/t is ok na khit naman highway ok ang manual e de ka namna kakambyo lagi

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're after fuel economy go for the 1.8L

Yung 2.0ivtec engine i think same lang dun sa previous 2.0 Civic and sa CR-V. well this engine is known to be a bit of a gas guzzler (5.5-6.5km/L) Not sure if thrfuel mileage of the engine mounted on the 8th gen civc would be the same as before

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sakin lang, if you're going to spend, spend it on the better engine... mas madaling magtipid consciously sa pedal kesa naghahanap ka ng power when you need it.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko
    Thanks looks like its shaping up to be the 1.8 talaga. Any more comments? :D
    i'm not familiar with the new civic line-ups, pero if it had 1.6 baka mas kunin ko pa yun. my family is a satisfied civic owner (2 1.6's in the past decade).

but since ito yun in thing ngaun ng bagong generation, with 2.0 as top of the line, 1.8 mid level, or kung may 1.6 may, at yun low end)
    (dati kasi 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 top of the line), ok na siguro sa iyo yun 1.8.

think out of the box for a moment, regardless of which car you'll take.
    analyze mo weekly activity mo. ano average km per day running area mo? rush hour ba parati?

me kasi I know that the whole of Metro Manila is just 30-40km radius per day. if I will run 30-40km mileage daily, ok na din ang 1.8. less premiums on insurance and less initial investment. still you get the same car dimensions and body and still it serves your daily purpose.

and also take into consideration the volume of cars on our roads today, dati na-enjoy namin ng husto ang 1.6 coz mas konti ang vehicles noon. i doubt if you'll enjoy much road room for a 2.0 today.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Honda Civic 2006 [1.8] or Honda Civic 2006 [2.0]