New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hi guys, my brother is planning to buy a car and i'm giving a sixth(1/6) of a financial help for him, could you pls tell me your opinions about these two cars (honda civic 2.0s and/or subaru legacy 2.0r - about performance, km/l, comfort, etc..) thanks this would help us a lot.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    well i think the civic will be a bit faster since its lighter? than the legacy but on hp wise ... masmataas un legacy with 160hp. kit wise mas complete yun civic. i would put my money on the civic unless u want AWD which the legacy has. someone mentioned that the legacy was too bare for the price.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618 View Post
    well i think the civic will be a bit faster since its lighter? than the legacy but on hp wise ... masmataas un legacy with 160hp. kit wise mas complete yun civic. i would put my money on the civic unless u want AWD which the legacy has. someone mentioned that the legacy was too bare for the price.
    well if you have a money to spare, go for the legacy. i've driven the 2.0l Legacy and its faster, sportier and has better driving position than my 1.8civic(have'nt driven the 2.0). and the Legacy is AWD.
    test drive mo muna.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Faster than the 1.8 AT, maybe, but the 1.8 MT is likely quicker... our local Legacy is only AT, and AWD, which means poorer economy and acceleration compared to the front wheel drive 2.4s and 2.3s of the competition. It'll drive more sportily than many of them, because of the AWD, but I don't know how necessary it'd be in a vehicle with this little power.

But the Legacy is a much bigger, nicer car than the Civic. Medyo mas mahal din than the Civic, though... and not as economical in terms of fuel consumption.

These two cars are nowhere near the same price or size range. Wala bang ibang choices?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Honda Civic 2.0s or Subaru Legacy 2.0r