New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi everyone, just want to ask your POVs about these two cars.

Originally kasi I was set on getting a Jazz 1.5 na, unfortunately, nauna ang sister ko magconfirm sa dealer na yon ang kukunin nya at nauna din ang application nya, no prob sana pero we both want the same color. kaya parang OA naman so now Im considering the Focus 1.8AT hatchback. or maybe the Civic 1.8AT. Although priority sana is the Focus.

1. How's the FC of the aforementioned focus for city driving?

2. Alin ang mas mahirap i-maneuver between those two? I'll be hopefully upgrading from a '98 Nissan Sentra so I know kahit alin sa dalawa malaking difference na din.

3. About sa parts naman ang maintenance, I read mas mahal ang parts ng Focus at konti ang available na parts? is this true? and considering na mas mahal daw ang parts ng Focus, by how much percentage vs. the Honda counterpart?

4. Totoo ba na mababa ang resale value ng Focus 1.8AT?

5. Alin kaya ang mas tatagal between those two?

as much as possible kasi I want a compact car, thus the hatchback (and the previous choice ko na Jazz) medyo challenged kasi ako sa reverse na pagpark, nakakahiya man aminin. :p pero siguro kung sanayan kaya ko din naman. :p

i also considered the City 1.5AT pero I don't like the interior that much and also mas mababa daw ang resale value nito compared sa jazz (ito kasi ang una kong pinagpilian City vs. Jazz eh)

6. and if they say na mas mababa ang resale value ng Focus vs. Jazz (and Jazz vs. City) by how much naman kaya?

7. also bakit mas mababa ang resale value? dahil ba madaling masira ang Focus? or the City? or dahil mas in demand at value for money ang Jazz?

8. if mahal ang maintenance ng focus, is it worth it naman ba? i mean sa overall performance nya?

I'm considering a civic kasi i read na it's a bit faster and more fc efficient than the focus (or at least that's how i understood what i read)

9. considering their installment schemes, parang mas madali daw ang payment terms ng ford? i read it somewhere kasi na medyo di daw mabigat sa bulsa vs. honda?

10. ano pa ba ang advantages ng civic over focus?

i have so much questions pa pero yan muna ngayon. kung meron kayong iba pang suggestion/s please post na rin.

the 2.0TDCi ng focus, i might give it a try pero mahal na talaga at over na sa budget. unless siguro na makakita ako ng good deal. ive yet to talk to a ford SA.

siguro eliminated na sa choice ang city. altis and vios for some personal reasons. :p

please help naman po.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Subaru hatchback!!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mababa resale ng ford.

kaya pag ganun for keeps na!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    +1 sa subaru.. 1.90++?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    +1 sa subaru.. 1.90++?
    how's the FC? parang overprice lalo for me considering na gas sya (vs. the ford tdci)?

also what's the difference po sa FC ng 4AT vs. 5AT? thanks

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    +1 sa subaru hatchback. Pero kung choice mo ay focus at civic, mag civic ka na lang. Mas madaling mag hanap ng parts at mas mataas resale value. IMO hindi nagkakalayo resale value ng jazz at city.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    If you have more than a million, and looking for a really economical subcompact...

the focus TDCi is the way to go. Peppy engine and a sophisticated gearbox... with diesel economy. winner!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Both are late model so parts availability are the same. You are getting a brand new so no need to worry for parts esp. for honda and ford. Mas mababa resale value ng focus but if you intend to keep it for at least 7-10 years pa, its worth it na. Both are great cars so what you really need to consider is the best deal you can get for now. As for the looks, i go for focus. Siguro sa dami ng honda sa kalsada medyo nagsawa na ako.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    The Focus is the better engineered of the two and handles like its on rails when compared to the Civic. But it seems that your priority is resale value and parts availability, if so, Civic is the winner in this area.

Civic = faster and fuel efficient. Bet the two, yes but not by a big margin. Remember both are 1.8 li already.

As for the Focus 2.0 TDCi. I'm very sure this will get a very good resale value down the line, provided no major reliability issues crop up.

One of your concerns is difficulty in backing up. The Ford hatch is not as slopped as hatches like the Jazz, so backing up will still be a challenge. Same case with the Civic.

As for resale value variance bet. Focus, Jazz, City, Civic, actually there is no clear and exact formula for computing their expected variance. I think it is dependent on supply, demand, and buyer's willingness that will dictate what you will get when you sell it later on.

Focus, Ford , etc... suffer from a low resale value impression among Pinoys, even without necessarily having anything wrong with their vehicles. Honda gets a supposed high resale bec. it has already been instilled in people's mind that these vehicles are supposedly bullet proof (metaphorically). Jazz gets the highest resale bec. it has the most utility and relative ease for tuners and rice boys to play with. (Just witness the endless GD and, even GE Jazz being souped out in motorshows, mall parking, streets, etc...)

Ford has more generous financing package, bec. unlike the Toyotas, Hondas, etc...they need to exert more effort to sell.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The Focus is the better engineered of the two and handles like its on rails when compared to the Civic. But it seems that your priority is resale value and parts availability, if so, Civic is the winner in this area.

Civic = faster and fuel efficient. Bet the two, yes but not by a big margin. Remember both are 1.8 li already.

As for the Focus 2.0 TDCi. I'm very sure this will get a very good resale value down the line, provided no major reliability issues crop up.

One of your concerns is difficulty in backing up. The Ford hatch is not as slopped as hatches like the Jazz, so backing up will still be a challenge. Same case with the Civic.

As for resale value variance bet. Focus, Jazz, City, Civic, actually there is no clear and exact formula for computing their expected variance. I think it is dependent on supply, demand, and buyer's willingness that will dictate what you will get when you sell it later on.

Focus, Ford , etc... suffer from a low resale value impression among Pinoys, even without necessarily having anything wrong with their vehicles. Honda gets a supposed high resale bec. it has already been instilled in people's mind that these vehicles are supposedly bullet proof (metaphorically). Jazz gets the highest resale bec. it has the most utility and relative ease for tuners and rice boys to play with. (Just witness the endless GD and, even GE Jazz being souped out in motorshows, mall parking, streets, etc...)

Ford has more generous financing package, bec. unlike the Toyotas, Hondas, etc...they need to exert more effort to sell.
    I see now. hindi naman po as priority ko nag 'resale value' per se, akala ko op quasi there are some things an nakakapagpababa nag resale value nag ford, i thought kaya nila sinabi yon dahlia aka madaling masira yung focus or something like that, i thought yung tipong hindi tatagal ng ilang years dahil nasira na agad.

if you were to choose one alin po ang pipiliin nyo?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Focus 1.8AT Hatch? Civic 1.8AT?