New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, can you help me decide the best to buy? Im more on fuel consumption, porma, features/comfort, and fun to drive.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    FC = Mazda (city driving - trapik na 1.6L lng) Civic (highway - take advantage of that 5th gear)
    Porma = Civic (new e)
    Features = Civic
    Comfort = Mazda
    Fun-ness = Test drive to see.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    FC - don't know yet. The Mazda is relatively okay, but I haven't driven the 1.8 Civic in the same conditions.

Porma - up to you, I like both but the 3 is a bit more appealing to me.

Features/Comfort - price-to-price, mas loaded ang Mazda3. The rear seat is a bit smaller (but it's not small per se) but the seats themselves are 100x more comfortable than the Civic's. (Just rode a Civic again for the first time in months yesterday... kahit ilang minutes lang... ang sakit sa likod! Grabe!). And the suspension is much better. The Civic suffers from the same syndrome the old Altis did. Stiff shocks and soft springs. Not very good for the ride. The Mazda3's shocks are also a bit soft for me, but the ride is much more supple and composed.

Fun-ness - depends on what you mean by fun. If your idea of fun is a twisty downhill road, it's the Mazda3. If what you consider fun is a blast down the highway or a stoplight race, the Civic's engine is nearly unbeatable in this segment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    na test drive ko ito pareho....

civic, iba talaga hatak....saludo compared to any other engines out there. power is power! but porma, hindi ko type..i-vtec is built for fuel economy....

mazda3, d maxado malakas hatak, but super pogi points..fuel consumption, not so good.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xtian78 View Post
    Guys, can you help me decide the best to buy? Im more on fuel consumption, porma, features/comfort, and fun to drive.
    FC - the Civic might take this
    Porma - if you want a stylish hatchback, then the MZ3 HB is for you
    Features/Comfort - MZ3
    Fun - both are fun to drive, as niky said... it all boils down to what "fun" means to you

bigbigcar.com Review: Mercedes-Benz C200 Kompressor Avantgarde

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xtian78 View Post
    FC: Civic
    Porma: its with me lang, but i like the Mazda 3
    Features: Civic
    Comfort: Mazda 3
    Fun To Drive: both...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Civic 1.8 for me. I was also in this decision making process oh some 3 months ago and yep I bought the Civic over the Mazda 3 and throw in na din the Corolla Altis and Focus 1.8. I would have loved the TDCI Focus but the M/T only was a turn off for me...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FD (bias).....:thumbup:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    mazda3 hb, if you want to fast on a corner, civic if you want to go fast on a straight line,

fuel consumption halos pareho lang, since i've been hearing comments about 7-8kms/liter of the 1.8 civic, almost the same lang as mazda3 hatch.

fun to drive, drive them both like you stole them

porma- depende sayo, pero sakin parang di proportion ang hood ng civic sa katawan niya,

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    FD FD FD

but i think it's best for you to test drive both cars for you to decide on your own what you like the most.....since you'll be the one driving and owning that car.

wag mo ng isipin kng anong maporma para sa iba...basta impt masaya ka sa auto mo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda Civic 1.8S vs. Masda3 1.6 hatchback