New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi Guys,

I'm about to buy a car this December, but I'm very confused which one should I take:

Honda Civic 1.8S AT vs Fiesta Hatchback 1.6L Sport+ PowerShift

I'm looking for long term use as well.

SRP of Fiesta Hatchback 1.6L Sport+ PowerShift is Php 839,000 while Honda Civic 1.8S AT is Php948,000

So far so good, Honda offered rear sensor as one of their freebies..

Please let me know your thought.

Thanks All.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    If you need space, get the bigger car. Get the civic.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i'll pick the civic. biigger space plus more power. mas smooth din ang takbo compared to fiesta. maybe you can consider focus instead of fiesta?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    i'll pick the civic. biigger space plus more power. mas smooth din ang takbo compared to fiesta. maybe you can consider focus instead of fiesta?
    Focus was one of my option though but it falls out of my budget. lol.

Storage space wise at compartment, seems like Fiesta is bigger.

Here are the offer of Ford vs Civic.
    Ford vs Civic:
    Dimension: 3950 x 1973 x 1496 vs 4524 x 1695 x 1434
    Transmission Speed: 6S vs 5S
    Displacement: 1596 vs 1977
    Fuel Tank: 43 vs 57
    Mags: 16" vs 15"
    Front Fog Lamp: Yes vs No
    Rear Sensor: Yes vs No
    Seats: Leather vs Fabric

So you think still Civic?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Between the two, I'd get the Fiesta. I don't like the Sport Plus' racing stripes, but if it's to your liking, then the car's actually really good value. It's got all the creature comforts you could expect at that price range. The voice control is amusing and a fun conversation topic with friends, but it's ultimately useless. Leather seats are rather rare for a car of its class, so that's a plus too.

Of course, the biggest downside is space. The Fiesta is nowhere as roomy as the Civic when it comes to rear passenger space, but if you won't be bringing around your family all the time, it should be fine.

The Civic is way too expensive for what it offers. Sure it's got great space, but that's about it. Small rims, no fog lamps, fixed rear seats, and so on. I find the Elantra 1.8 GLS at 958k to be much better value. If you want a spacious car that's much cheaper, consider the Elantra 1.6 GL (888k) or the Lancer 1.6 GLX (855k).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny_biceps View Post
    Focus was one of my option though but it falls out of my budget. lol.

Storage space wise at compartment, seems like Fiesta is bigger.

Here are the offer of Ford vs Civic.
    Ford vs Civic:
    Dimension: 3950 x 1973 x 1496 vs 4524 x 1695 x 1434
    Transmission Speed: 6S vs 5S
    Displacement: 1596 vs 1977
    Fuel Tank: 43 vs 57
    Mags: 16" vs 15"
    Front Fog Lamp: Yes vs No
    Rear Sensor: Yes vs No
    Seats: Leather vs Fabric

So you think still Civic?
    fo me, still yes to civic. bigger space and very comfortable to drive. i didnt enjoy driving the fiesta like what i've experienced with civic. but yes, it's pricey. i agree with sir jut. consider elantra and lancer for cheaper price. mas sulit. i also enjoy driving elantra. same with civic. just my opinion

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    fo me, still yes to civic. bigger space and very comfortable to drive. i didnt enjoy driving the fiesta like what i've experienced with civic. but yes, it's pricey. i agree with sir jut. consider elantra and lancer for cheaper price. mas sulit. i also enjoy driving elantra. same with civic. just my opinion
    Ako baliktad. Fiesta felt very willing to be tossed into corners, as opposed to the FB Civic which really feels more sedate than the FD Civic.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ako baliktad. Fiesta felt very willing to be tossed into corners, as opposed to the FB Civic which really feels more sedate than the FD Civic.
    hahaha others can't really be your basis TS. schedule a test drive

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    T_T ...... now i got more confused. lol

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    sir, yung mga features at specs, lahat tayo mag-aagree dyan. but for the driving itself, opinion lang namin yun. you have your own unique opinion. so better take a test drive. besides, marami pang competitor ang fiesta at civic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Civic 1.8S AT vs Fiesta Hatchback 1.6L Sport+ PowerShift