New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    My budget is 920k, honda civic 1.8SAT is around 920K, and Mitsubishi Strada 2.5 GLX M/Tis around 918K .. Which one i should buy? many thanks...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What do you need it for that is the question? These are two very different cars. There is no clear cut answer. For me Civic for daily drive that includes going to work etc. Its also A/T so its more comfortable in traffic. The Strada is more versatile though but its M/T... But if you let me pick I say Strada but take it with a grain of salt so better state the purpose of the car so we can offer more educated advice...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    very different rides.
    if this will be a primary/only ride, i'd say Civic. A/T Sedan, can be used for formal/casual occasions, and very ideal for city drive since it's A/T
    if this will be a secondary, extra ride, Strada is the way to go.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Depends on your needs and lifestyle.

If I were a contractor in the city or planter in the provincial area, then I would get the Strada for hauling supplies, produce, equipment, etc.. For that price, you get steel rims and vinyl upholstery inside. It is a work horse in essense, nothing more or less.

If I were a student, office worker, etc, the Civic (esp the automatic) would provide a supple and comfortable ride. This vehicle can be used from daily commute, meetings, occasions, etc...

In the end, it is far more opaque than the stereotype filled bisection of users that I presented in the last two paragraphs. Again, know your needs, use and lifestyle then the answer will become clear.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if you're a man, then mas ok yung Strada. Macho. Madali bihisan. or get the slightly higher model. High tech Diesel. Matipid at Malakas sa hatakan. Pag may gimik, pwede kang magsakay ng mga lasing sa likod at pahigain sila without worries na masukahan nila kotse mo.

if you're a girl, get the civic. if you're a man, ok din naman ang civic. like they said, ok din sa formal occassions although di ka naman ipapahiya ng Strada lalo na kung malinis and/or nakaporma.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    If you cannot set aside some budget for future upgrades..then better get the civic. its cool and good looking straight from the casa. Unlike the strada which would look better with a few upgrades.

However, the Strada will get you to more places than your Civic will do. After a few upgrades and/or accessories..I would'nt have problems using it for casual or even formal occasions.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    entry level lang yun strada. imho, not worth it. kung mag-pickup ka din lang, get the 4x4. the 4x2 screams service personnel.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    entry level lang yun strada. imho, not worth it. kung mag-pickup ka din lang, get the 4x4. the 4x2 screams service personnel.
    Civic-daily driver
    Strada-Weekend ride

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    since kulang rin details for your purpose, sagutin ko na base rin sa gusto ko. since wala pa ko sedan, i'll go with the civic 1.8S this time.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    mitsubishi strada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda Civic 1.8S or Mitsubishi Strada 2.5GLX?