New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hi again!

hyundai just finished their product presentation with us, and i saw that the tucson is quite an affordable SUV if i may say so. add to that, the discounts that they were offering if we'd be able to order by the end of the month we'd be able to buy the M/T at around PhP840k.

i don't really if these two vehicles can be compared with each other, but i'd justt like to see, what you guys can say.

how's the performance of the tucson? is it fuel efficient as most people say?

i drive a landcruiser prado right now, and i like the feel of SUVs, since i can see everything in front of me clearly, plus i don;t have to worry about the constant flashfloods here in the metro.

any helpful insight is very much appreciated and thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The diesel is okay. Really don't know about the gasoline one, but typically, 2 liter CUVs do about 5-7 km/l in traffic.

The Civic has the more sophisticated engine and chassis, but the Tucson is easy to drive, rides a little more comfortably (a little truckish, but not as stiff as the Civic) and has decent space (though the cargo area is small compared to the best CUVs out there). I like the seats better than the Civic, too.

Of course, the Civic trumps the Tucson with better interior quality, an engine that balances power and economy very well, and an exciting drive... it's better value for money... if we're talking about regular prices, but at 840k, the Tucson is a steal. ;) Go for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Honda Civic 1.8S M/T vs. Hyundai Tucson 2.0 DOHC CVVT M/T 4x2