New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hello everyone, i'm new here.

i just want to ask the experts... which is better to buy.. civic 1.8S M/T or City 1.3S M/T?

this'll be my very first car buy for myself, since i've always driven hand me downs. first was a kia pride cd-5 M/T (got 12 good years out of that car. learned to brave the roads and become an expert parallel parker in that car!). currently i'm driving a landcruiser prado A/T (subic) right hand drive converted to left hand drive.

oh, is it true that honda will be releasing a new design mid this year? i'll be buying siguro around the later half of the year eh.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Of course, Civic 1.8S if the budget allows.

Honda will release a facelifted Civic soon (next month or within the 1st half of 2009). Minor changes include new front bumper design, new rear lamps design, etc... Nothing major. In fact, to the untrained eye, it is quite hard to distinguish the facelift from the current one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest a test drive in both vehicles to see what suites your preference.

I just wish Honda fixed the visibility problem associated with the Civic and City/Jazz front quarter window panel. It's a big hunking blind spot.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If money is not a problem, go for civic Dont you want to consider other brands? Ford Focus 1.8 variant is quite perfect compared to Honda's 1.8 which is civic.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Since you're coming from an SUV, I suggest you get the Civic with its larger interior and headroom space. My M/T FD gets 11 kms/liter on mixed driving, while the City gets 14kms/liter (according to posts of new City owners).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I suggest a test drive in both vehicles to see what suites your preference.

I just wish Honda fixed the visibility problem associated with the Civic and City/Jazz front quarter window panel. It's a big hunking blind spot.

yeah, i'll be test driving some cars soon.

but could you enlighten me on the visibility problem? i have a problem with big hulking blindspots, specially when driving. add the problem of backseat drivers pa!!!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    If money is not a problem, go for civic Dont you want to consider other brands? Ford Focus 1.8 variant is quite perfect compared to Honda's 1.8 which is civic.
    budget-wise, i'll be applying for the company carloan eh, its a really good deal, 10 years to pay at 0% interest. i qualify for the 700k loan ceiling. if i opt for the civic, i'll just have to cough up the 100k plus difference upon purchase of the car.

other variants.. yeah, i'm also looking into the vios or altis.

i'm not considering american cars since, its hell with after sales maintenance.
    right now, i'm already having a difficult time with the maintenance of the prado since parts are quite expensive. though, i've been able to get in touch with some members of the landcruiser club of the philippines, so, they've been a really big help with parts and maintenance.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy28479 View Post
    yeah, i'll be test driving some cars soon.

but could you enlighten me on the visibility problem? i have a problem with big hulking blindspots, specially when driving. add the problem of backseat drivers pa!!!
    FD owner here. For me ung A pillar ung blind spot nya. You have to tilt forward to see kung meron bang nasa side. Pero negligible naman sya, only on certain angles lang sya minsan nagiging issue.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    FD owner here. For me ung A pillar ung blind spot nya. You have to tilt forward to see kung meron bang nasa side. Pero negligible naman sya, only on certain angles lang sya minsan nagiging issue.
    oh ok... quite negligible naman pala... most cars have negligible blind spots naman diba?! to keep you alert din... hehehe!!!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If budget is not an issue, then go for civic! I also had the dilemma since I saw that city 1.5 has all the accessories for a 2.0 civic. Kaso when I looked at the interior of the city, medyo diasspointing. I opted for my personality, simple sa labas pero elegant sa loob. ;) Just like the civic 1.8s.

Also, if you're coming from Kia CD-5 for 12 years (!)... any car will be great!!! :p

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
honda civic 1.8S M/T vs. honda city 1.3S M/T