New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Trimmed down my choices to these two cars. Kept the Civic on the run kasi I previously owned a Civic FD

But between the two which is a better buy? Concern ko with Civic is that almost year and a half na yung current design nya wherein bagong bago naman si Altis.

First Toyota namin sa bahay if ever. Thank you mga boss!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rom09 View Post
    Trimmed down my choices to these two cars. Kept the Civic on the run kasi I previously owned a Civic FD

But between the two which is a better buy? Concern ko with Civic is that almost year and a half na yung current design nya wherein bagong bago naman si Altis.

First Toyota namin sa bahay if ever. Thank you mga boss!
    For me kung everyday car mo siya go for altis. If minsan minsan lang or pamalit na car lang Civic FB

Civic = altis kung sa porma lang din(ganda ng new altis)
    Pero of course mas maganda hatak ng 1.8(tried it with FD) pero mas fuel efficient si altis which is good for an everyday car.

Try mo pareho sir test drive mo. Alin mas ok features,handling,hatak and etc.Sundin lang puso mo sir kung alin talaga mas gusto mo.Kung ako I'd pick the new altis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd go for the Altis. Why don't you try a Toyota this time? You won't regret it

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Altis. Newer and more handsome.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Civic (biased ako) hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Altis, definitely. I've driven both the 1.8S FB and the new Altis 1.6 V, and I'd say that the Altis is the best choice for majority of compact car buyers.

Even with the same engine, the change from the ancient 4AT to the CVT resulted to responsiveness increasing by leaps and bounds. When you floor the pedal, the tranny finds the right ratio in a split second, getting the power down quickly. Not an overly fast car, but it won't let you down even on the highway, as long as you respect that it's just a 1.6 and not a 2-liter. Except in redline driving conditions, you won't notice that this has a slower engine than the larger, thirstier FB.

What's more important for most buyers is that the Altis is silky smooth - even more so than the old one. Improved NVH, quiet engine, and a good ride. This really cocoons you from the outside world better than any other car under 1M.

Also interesting to note is that space is HUGE. Again, leaps and bounds better than the outgoing Altis, and even more spacious than the Elantra. My only pet peeve though is that the dashboard is really high so you feel that your seat is too low. Yet, it doesn't have the low-slung feel of an 86 - it's more like having low seats in a big car which takes some getting used to.

Creature comforts are complete - push start ignition/keyless entry, automatic headlamps/wipers, bluetooth audio, front and rear parking sensors, and so on.

Lastly, the Altis looks absolutely stunning in pearl white

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Go with altis nalang sir. For me medyo matagal narin yung body nung FB. Lalo na't na nang galing na kayo sa FD :D

Pero kung seset upan niyo lang rin, baka mag civic nalang ako mas magandang ayusan para saakin eh haha!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sylphy 1.8 pa din! hehehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Sylphy 1.8 pa din! hehehe
    Me too Sylphy 1.8 din

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Go for the Altis, mas bago. Nag level up na rin looks ng Altis ngayon so nawala na yung advantage ng Civic dati.