New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i don't like either, primarily due to the costs involved. both are priced almost the same as bigger, spacier subcompacts.

if you think about it, fuel consumption is about the same as 1.5 and 1.6 vtec civics with bigger bodies. i've no idea why jazz and city models sell for the same price (sometimes higher pa) as civics in the 2nd hand market, when FC and ease of maintenance are just about similar. in fact, with jazz, you get less metal, a less torquey engine, somewhat crashy, firm rides, and before you load anything bigger than a 21 inch tv, you gotta fold down the rear seats pa...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Ako naman baliktad, parang mas gusto ko yung Jazz over City.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    i prefer sub-compacts over a hatchback..... well it depends on the buyers taste, preference.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i don't like either, primarily due to the costs involved. both are priced almost the same as bigger, spacier subcompacts.

if you think about it, fuel consumption is about the same as 1.5 and 1.6 vtec civics with bigger bodies. i've no idea why jazz and city models sell for the same price (sometimes higher pa) as civics in the 2nd hand market, when FC and ease of maintenance are just about similar. in fact, with jazz, you get less metal, a less torquey engine, somewhat crashy, firm rides, and before you load anything bigger than a 21 inch tv, you gotta fold down the rear seats pa...
    *voltscastillo, i want to buy a bnew car, dont want the hassle that might come up with a second hand, like engine and others, and im not a pro in cars... btw, since you have said that you dont want both cars due to costs and value for money would you recommend a better bnew AT car that have good FC and great value.

thanks for all your inputs...

actually at first im really eyeing for the jazz.... i think its funky and cool...
    my dad and bro also wants the jazz for me.. but my sis likes the city for me since im too big and city is a bigger car... ang hirap talagang magisip.. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ang sarap naman ng problema mo bro, i wish i had your dad and bro, hehehe.

seriously... my opinion is that you should always look ahead well into the future when buying a car dito sa pinas. is it big? is it stable at high speeds? will it accomodate the whole family sa out of town? is it reliable?

yung mga hatchbacks kasi for me are like neon and pink paintjobs... sure maganda ka tignan and cool right now if you get one, but in 3 years pag sawa ka na sa liit at pag-bubully ng mas malalaking kotse sa daan.... well...

best value for money at this time would be a corolla base model 1.6 automatic. wide, macho body, pwedeng iporma, reliable as a .45 revolver. tignan mo yung presyo sa casa i'm sure medyo malapit lang yung presyo nya sa 2009 city/jazz na upper spec model.
    Last edited by voltscastillo; March 10th, 2009 at 10:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hello guys planning to buy a car soon.

what are the pros and cons of these cars?
    HONDA CITY 1.5 VS. HONDA JAZZ 1.5

In terms of
    Fuel Consumption
    Ride Quality
    Handling
    Speed/Performance
    Acceleration
    Noise ( Cabin Sound Insulation )
    Etc.

thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think mechanically, they are almost similar. The 2009 Jazz looks really hot and it has a plethora of mods and body kits which can make it look and go better. I'm a bit more conservative though and chose the 2009 City.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I think this time, the City has a lot of oommpphhh vs. the Jazz.....
    (That is, if I were to replace our 05Jazz end of the year, which I will, most probably, I'll go get a City)....

8202:sampay:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]I`d opt for the city, especially with the grey metallic ( is that the right term? ) color. The city kasi is in the luxurious side, while the jazz is on the sporty side. Pero nonetheless, I think the city is still better. [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The City may handle better than before, but the Jazz still handles better and is much more practical. The City seems to have more comfortable front seats, though, but that's something you have to decide for yourself, as seating comfort is very subjective.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda CITY VS Honda Jazz [MERGED]