New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivakangel View Post
    Thanks for your responses. I have already checked most of the brands mentioned above and I have narrowed my choices to these 2. I agree medyo masikip nga and Mazda sa likod but I drive alone most of the time, bahay - office and malling lang talaga. Out-of-town..siguro once every 2 months. With my lifestyle, pwede na ba ang 1.3?

I'm afraid kasi na baka kulang sa power umakyat lang ng shangrila mall parking that is why the 1.5 is an option. BTW, only automatic is acceptable for convenience. Thanks again.

I see... with your two options, I guess, the city with a 1.5 A/T.

mine is a mazda 2 1.5 a/t (previous model with bigger body na hindi nilabas sa pinas) ok talaga sya pataas.

tapos, i also have a picanto 1.1 a/t and it also does well when going up or down. i tried it in almost all mall parking areas (basement or otherwise.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Since your single, the Mazda 2 would suffice unless you bring your other relatives with you when you go out of town.

Both are 1.5's -, City E & Mazda 2.

Either choices wouldn't be bad, at all. It really depends on your preferences & likes.

But for me, if your budget permits I`d go for the City. But if not, the mazda 2 isn't going to be a bad alternative.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    honda city mas ok. sa maintenance maraming casa na ok

mazda kac sister company ng ford, ang ford based on experience hndi ok ang service nila . mazda casa naman ang konti bihira

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Malakas sa gas ang Mazda 2

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    pareho naman ok yan in terms of performance, maintenance and FC, in my opinion sa looks nalang magkakatalo.

have you seen the mazda 2 sedan in person? its looks great in pictures but when i saw it in a mazda showroom i was very much disappointed with the way it looks.

like what a lot of posters said, go for the 1.5E honda city.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    Malakas sa gas ang Mazda 2
    Have you driven the new Honda 5ATs? In our testing and from data from friends, fuel consumption of the new models is only just okay. Not spectacular, like the last generation CVTs. In my testing, we got economy from a Mazda2 1.5 4AT that was nearly identical to a Honda Jazz 1.3 5AT. And the Mazda2 wasn't even broken in, yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    FC-wise...

I get 8-10 km/liter in the city
    8 if heavily laden or driven like a madman
    10 with normal driving

12 mixed city/highway.

14-15 in the highway.

The city is handsome. the 2 is cute.

trunk space-wise, they're nearly identical.

in the interior, the city is a tad bit better, and has USB support. If I remember correctly (2 doesn't)

the 2 also rides a bit stiffer, but you can really dart it around without losing composure.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    driven both and though MZ2 is newer, City still is the better choice.

City's interior is better, and bigger based on feel. Mz2 is too small for me, and I'm just 5'8. Even if you're single, there will always be instances when you'll be toka to drive the family/friends around. Backseats are too small for me. City rides better as well; Mz2 is too stiff and a bit noisier even with better tires like my friend's which is on Eagle F1 Asym.

take the City. kahit sa looks, gwapo is always better than cute.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    driven both and though MZ2 is newer, City still is the better choice.

City's interior is better, and bigger based on feel. Mz2 is too small for me, and I'm just 5'8. Even if you're single, there will always be instances when you'll be toka to drive the family/friends around. Backseats are too small for me. City rides better as well; Mz2 is too stiff and a bit noisier even with better tires like my friend's which is on Eagle F1 Asym.

take the City. kahit sa looks, gwapo is always better than cute.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda City  or Mazda 2 Sedan?