New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    A friend of mine asked me to help him sell his City ESI 1.3 fuel injected.

I'm thinking of selling my Corolla Lovelife 2e 1.3 instead and buy his City ESI 1.3.

I've read sometime in the net that the City ESI 1.3 is high in maintenance ..

I need advice from you guyz whether to sell my Corolla 2e for a City ESI or should I keep my Corolla.

Reason for wanting the City ESI is because it already a fuel injected engine while maintaining a 1300cc displacement, it should be more fuel efficient in city driving compared to my current corolla 2e carb engine.. Am I right ??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post

I'm thinking of selling my Corolla Lovelife 2e 1.3 instead and buy his City ESI 1.3.

I need advice from you guyz whether to sell my Corolla 2e for a City ESI or should I keep my Corolla.

Reason for wanting the City ESI is because it already a fuel injected engine while maintaining a 1300cc displacement, it should be more fuel efficient in city driving compared to my current corolla 2e carb engine.. Am I right ??
    mas okey na yang lovelife mo kaunti lang difference sa FC ng carb saka ng FI .
    makakatipid ka nga ng kaunti sa gas..

paano naman maintenance.bushing ng suspension bushing ng corolla may nabibili 60 pesos,sa honda pinaka mura kong nabiling suspension bushing 200 pesos

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post

paano naman maintenance.bushing ng suspension bushing ng corolla may nabibili 60 pesos,sa honda pinaka mura kong nabiling suspension bushing 200 pesos

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sir, the suspension bushing is just one part.. You can change rubber bushings maybe once every 2 years .. But the fuel consumption is relevant every time you gas up .. My Corolla Lovelife has an FC of 7kl per liter right now in city driving, maybe due to old age, the efficiency of the carb is not like what it used to be when its new .. My friends City 1.3 has an FC of 10-11kl per liter in the city ..

My usage is just from house to office in the morning and sometimes ran errands for my wife's business after office hours .. My corolla consumes a fulltank in 2 and a half weeks city driving ..

How much will I save compare if I buy his City 1.3 ??