1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Need some expert advice on these 2 cars, with these details:

Honda City Type Z Lxi 1.3 2000
    1. silver
    2. MT
    3. owners: 2
    4. mileage: 33k
    5. price: P255,000 (fixed) (free transfer of ownership)

Ford Lynx Ghia 2000
    1. silver
    2. MT
    3. owners: 1
    4. mileage: 77k
    6. price: P280,000 (negotiable)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Lynx. Bigger car & engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    In terms of fuel efficiency, malaki ba difference nila? I'm not sure of the engine of Ford Lynx (I think 1.6li) , but City is 1.3li. Is the difference in fuel savings big enough to be considered?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lynx too. . alam ko yata kung sino nagbebenta ng lynx a. hehehe

kung siya nga, maingat yan and marunong mag alaga ng car ;)
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    lynx too. . alam ko yata kung sino nagbebenta ng lynx a. hehehe

kung siya nga, maingat yan and marunong mag alaga ng car ;)
    I saw that ad most probably here at tsikot.com. Will check out the car perhaps over the weekend. I hope the car's ok.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between your choices, sa Lynx ako. Try to look at other choices though.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Guys, please help me further.

The Ford Lynx has been repriced at 270,000. I'm a bit worried about the difference in the engine. (City's 1.3 li vs Lynx's 1.6) Will Lynx be a gas guzzler if that's the case? I've seen the City (na test drive na din) and ok naman sya except for the fact na nakaka-2 owners na sya (though low mileage at 33,000 km). As for the Ford, I haven't seen the actual unit.

Hope to hear from you soon!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sir suggest ko check mo sa casa ung Honda kung napapa PM nga sya.... if ever maayos ung records nya sa casa ok un( I mean di pa ba sya nagkakaroon din ng mga major repairs) low mileage ang nice fuel efficiency. Un nga lang maliit sya lalo na compared sa bagong City today.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I suggest you personally check and test drive both units. meron thread dito on how to check a 2nd hand car, dami ka makukuha info dun.

now as for the direct comparison of those two cars -

sigurando yung city eh mas matipid, kasi 1.3 yun, i dont have the figure for that but for the 1.6 lynx, that's roughly 8 - 9 km/li city.

Problems(?) experienced on the city: (from a city owner friend)
    - sound insulation is below standard, road noice is more pronounced.
    - being a 1.3 car, it's relatively less robust (compared to the lynx at least), and so driving will be less exciting.
    - aircon bogged down on the 4 year.
    - no power mirrors
    - the HU is jsut basic cassette/radio (baka naman pinalitan na to ng better unit nung previous owner?)
    - imo, the car simply is just not that appealing (no offense to city owners)

problems experienced on the lynx 3 years and beyond:
    - Cam position sensor (that's almost 7k pesos to replace, tho, some say its just 3k or 5K, baka nga mahal lang sa ford makati)
    - leaking shock absorber pero wala naman kalampag, but i replaced it anyway and costs 3000 per pc for the front.
    - this intermittent problem with the clutch, sometimes, parang ayaw mag-disengage and thus ayaw pumasok yung kambio. I took the car to the casa and they said it's ok naman. and so i personally adjusted the clutch, sa pedal, itinaas ko ng konti ayun, ok na! cost = 1 glass of drinking water. hehe
    - the driver's side window na pabalik-balik, ayaw sumara if the auto close is used(happens more often than not). I tried every trick i know (sprayed silicon around the rubber guides and the glass edges, wd/40 on the mechanism), but not yet tried taking it to the casa (stupid me hehe), neway, its not really a big problem as seldom ko naman buksan yung windows and if you use the manual 'click' ok naman syan, hindi bumabalik. I think this has something to do with its safety feature on anti jam protection. cost so far = 280 pesos for the silicon spray (per halos wala pa bawas yung spray and magagamit ko pa sa iba yun)
    - annoying rattling sound sa interior, it took me months to look for this! the culprit, its the center arm rest console cover, here's what i did, nilagyan ko ng adhesive foam yung portion na with contact sa metal hinge. solve! cost = 15 pesos.

I think that's about it, mind you tho, these are not major problems ('cept for the sensor) and may easily be repaired/fixed. and the superb driveability of the car and the enjoyment you can get from it far outweighs these minor kinks. IMO, from a second-hand buyer's perspective, the lynx is a very good choice, better than the city, you get more value for your money.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Lynx baby!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda City 2000 vs Ford Lynx Ghia 2000