New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Would u go for a 2nd hand Honda City 2000 2001 or a 2nd hand Civic Lxi/Vti 1997 1998?

Providing all other factors are the same. Same price and same well maintained by previous owners, ano ang mgandanag overall balanced choice?

Lets see your insight mga idol tsikoteers.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    97-98 Civic VTI or 00-01City

The older but more balanced power for your money and efficiency or the newer and very more efficient but less powerful for your money?

Older-MorePower-MoreSpace (CIVIC VTI 97-98) VS. Newer-LessPower-MoreEFFICIENT(CITY 00-01)?

Whats your choice and Why?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it will all matter based on your need. is it for daily city driving with minimal out of town trips with your family? or you go out of town trips once or twice a month with daily city driving.

imho, i would still go for the civic. why? its nice to know that you have the space that you need when you need them. same goes for power.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if Type Z 1.5vtec..i choose City...2years newer..

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I guess the my new question would be..

would the "2-3 years Newer factor from city" over the "space" be worth it if you chose Honda City 00-01 over Civic Vti 97-98?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by masterboy
    I guess the my new question would be..

would the "2-3 years Newer factor from city" over the "space" be worth it if you chose Honda City 00-01 over Civic Vti 97-98?

if you say worth it, what do you mean? there are several factors like:

a. yun nga, space
    b. engine power
    c. fuel economy
    d. resale value

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganun ba talaga kalaki yung space difference??..o negligible

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity
    ganun ba talaga kalaki yung space difference??..o negligible

my wife drives a 00-City LXi. negligible naman. around 3 adults can fit at the back, pero yung last adult may or may not be able to recline comfortably. kung mga taong tig-180 pounds ang sasakay (e.g. si Chieffy, ako tsaka si Baiskee), malamang di na ako magkasya.

in fact, last year, dinala namin ito sa tagaytay, with two women and two kids tapos ako ang driving. ok naman sila, considering yung anak ko is sitting in front with me, which leaves one kid and two women sitting at the back. ok naman sila. but for longer distance like las pinas to subic (or baguio) and vice-versa. baka magkangawitan na.

pero kung halimbawa, mga girls ang sasakay, 3 women can fit comfortably, and 4 can fit, pero masikip na. hwag lang si cecille inigo ang sasakay sa likod.

to sum it up, tingin ko mas malaki ng konti ang civic ng mga 1/2 average person.

imho ha?
    Last edited by 1D4LV; May 25th, 2006 at 04:29 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    if you say worth it, what do you mean? there are several factors like:

a. yun nga, space
    b. engine power
    c. fuel economy
    d. resale value
    Hi sir. ung nga un mga factors Lets say both model are priced equally and both models are very well maintained which leaves us to these:

City: 2000 or 2001

Pros:
    - Fuel Efficiency 1.3 or 1.5 engine
    - Newer meaning lesser maintenance in the next 2 or 3 years

Cons:
    - Lesser space
    - Lesser quality of interior
    - Inferior in prestige and styling compared to civic

Civic: LXi/VTi 1997 or 1998

Pros:
    - 1.6 or 1.5 engine and the VTI technology.
    - More Space than City
    - Better quality of interiors
    - Flexible for Out of towns

Cons:
    - 2 to 3 years older than 2000-2001 Honda City. Leaves room for more maintenance costs etc.
    -already 10 years old
    - a little bit less efficient but still considered efficient compared to other models.

Waaaa help naman! ano magandang choice? why? please elaborate naman mga idol chikoteers.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kung ako. I will choose 97/98 civic. mas mag e-enjoy ka dahil yung nga .. space, power and looks. I dont have personal experience with the CITY pero di ka magsisisi sa Civic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda City 200,2001 or Civic Lxi/Vti 97,98? (Equally Priced) Best Option?