New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    guys im a newbie here, and on cars too.
    can you help me with this?
    im planning to buy a new car. (this would be my first)
    im choosing between these 2 cars, honda city 1.5v and the new toyota vios 1.5g both M/T.
    i know the new toyota vios has not been released yet, but i want to have an idea from our car experts here.
    and im a new driver, what would you suggest in terms of performance, features, handling, fuel efficiency, maintenance, service etc.
    ill be using it mostly on city, with lots of rough roads, coz theres a road construction on going in our place. (i hate it)

honda city-705k
    toyota vios-730k

which would be a better value for my money?

thanks guys. every suggestions and opinions will be very much appreciated!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Honda has been the superior "brand name" IMO but I never really liked how the Honda city looks. Parang punggok. I'd go for the Vios. AFAIK released na ang all-new VIOS (www.toyota.com.ph).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I'll pick the new Vios.

The current model Honda City is quite old already, and an all-new model may be out soon.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zechks View Post
    guys im a newbie here, and on cars too.
    can you help me with this?
    im planning to buy a new car. (this would be my first)
    im choosing between these 2 cars, honda city 1.5v and the new toyota vios 1.5g both M/T.
    i know the new toyota vios has not been released yet, but i want to have an idea from our car experts here.
    and im a new driver, what would you suggest in terms of performance, features, handling, fuel efficiency, maintenance, service etc.
    ill be using it mostly on city, with lots of rough roads, coz theres a road construction on going in our place. (i hate it)

honda city-705k
    toyota vios-730k

which would be a better value for my money?

thanks guys. every suggestions and opinions will be very much appreciated!
    The city may look weird(for others) on the outside but it thrives more. BTW, better check first on the search engine as there have been numerous discussions about both cars.

City: It's tested, it's proven. Lots of people bought it and kindly accepted its looks. The city still boasts bigger trunk space against its bigger brother, the Civic. It has ULT seats which can/may be folder for additional cargo. It's on VTEC so expect fuel economy as well as dynamic power at high revs.

My only guess for its "weird" shape is for better aerodynamics.

I've tested drove the city and it handles well, light and quick although less par with its supposed twin, the jazz.

The new city gets a redesigned 16 inch mags for its late 2007 release and other amenities such as fog lamps, etc etc. Kindly check with you dealer if you have time.

Maintenance will be depend on the owner, but on the average, start worrying about wear and tear after 3-4 years.

As for the Vios, it's also TAP but I can't say much but space in the previous model was cramp-y. The innovative center guage(s) is still there with a new scheme.
    Also gets a better engine equipped with VVT-i so it's a real fuel saver.

In the end though, the city still gets my vote for its modest approach to practicality and dependability and still, as honda claimed "futuristic" design.

Oh look, one glimpse of the vios reminds me of the City. Oh well, I guess its just my eyes.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Honda has been the superior "brand name" IMO but I never really liked how the Honda city looks. Parang punggok. I'd go for the Vios. AFAIK released na ang all-new VIOS (www.toyota.com.ph).

vios is the newer model loaded with features and new design that hasn't found in the city,good interior space than before similar to the city now,performance if you choose m/t vios has the edge at least from me... overall both car are good for city driving.

the new honda city issued this july is well proportioned, from the pics it is better looking than the new vios... vis a vis to thier previous model vios is the better looking...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I think a test drive is mandatory so that you will have a good feel of which car suits you better. Both cars have no major reported problems. There are a lot of new features in the new Vios that wasn't available in the older model like rear disc brakes, backseat armrest, front assist lamps, etc.
    For a newbie, the only thing i think that might be noticeable is the Vios's center mounted gauge. It's an acquired taste.
    Last edited by bender; August 8th, 2007 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    i'll pick the all new vios.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    considering equal performance and amenities I'll take the lesser price- City.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pareho naman silang mukang tadpole. any of the two will do siguro

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Vios, even yung old model mas gugustuhin ko pa kesa city, the city is just so damn ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
honda city 1.5v or all new toyota vios g M/T